Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton v Norwich City - EFL Cup - Tuesday 20 Sept, 19.45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.

The two cups barely overlap though. We should have the squad depth after this summer and it is still unbelievable that we don't.

It's seven games extra over the season, and you have to win pretty much every one of them for even playing the first round with a first team to be worth it.

That's too much effort for too little reward. I'd rather play the odds and focus our efforts on competitions worth more financially, or simply have more prestige.

Disappointing, don't get the shouts that this is irrelevant, we haven't won a trophy for what will be 22 years.

No need to overreact either but it serves to illustrate that we have practically no depth outside of what is already Koemans understandable and preferred first XI, with only a few places under contention really. That's a long way from hopes on deadline day that we would be getting 5 players in. We still need all of them.

Don't want to pick on anyone but I will - Cleverley is really a nothing player at this level, another guy masquerading as a Premiership footballer, offers nothing whatsoever and living off his time in Man Utds reserves.

Onto Bournemouth I guess. Need to bounce back quickly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back