Match Thread Everton v Norwich City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doucoure starting to put in impressive performances showing improved consistency, we weren't impressive at all but very thankful for the points,Townsend very good, Gray in flashes good again, just a word on those officials yet again, what was the delay for the penalty?as clear as night follows day a pen that, also that "challenge" from Kabak(already on a yellow) on Gray,nothing given, absolute jokers again.
Digne should have been sent off for hand ball,

This weekend's game: Won a number of headers and held the ball well a few times. Did a job. Looks off the pace though, but for what he cost, and for what he is here as (3rd striker), how much more can you ask?
You make a good point but if he made half the impact the other freebie has , I'd be over the moon. Alas....

I’ll wager you any amount of money they don’t finish above Brentford. Just name the stakes.
I agree. that's kinda my point though. You don't suddenly become a bad team, they are just not getting the breaks at the moment. If you look at who they have played so far, it's been a really tough opening few games

MOTM to Townsend.

Doucoure brilliant too

Overall performance was OKish, I think we played Norwich at the right time, given that Calvert -Lewin and Richarlison both out. Seriously need at least one back for next week, can't be watching Rondon much more.

With another win at Goodison, and 4 from 6, confidence will build, hopefully we can compete against the better teams ;)

They're definitely worse. They lost Buendia who is a real PL player and replaced him with a bunch of nothing. Plus Krul is older and worse and so is Hanley.

I don't think we were dire though. Not great no doubt but also mostly not threatened (again) and with enough chances to win it. OK so the penalty is doing heavy lifting again in our goal scoring but whatever if you can get a pen and take it well you're putting yourself in great shape. United know this. Up the diving blues!

When I say dire, I was really wondering where we were going to get our next goal from... nothing really happened between the 1st and 2nd goal. We're really good on the counter though. Duke, Demarai, Townsend they all thrive on counter attacking, nice to see. We'll prolly get less of those once teams figure us out and it seems like a tactic that works better later in games when teams have one or two players out of position.

Norwich misplaced a ton of passes yesterday - but luckily for them we couldn't break them down once we got the ball. There's definitely a premier league quality now to the maybe top 15 sides... and then there's a bit of a drop off... I wouldn't blame the norwich manager for this - the players aren't very good. That corner in the second half where they ballooned it over everyone pretty much summed up their team. (no offence!)

MOTM to Townsend.

Doucoure brilliant too

Overall performance was OKish, I think we played Norwich at the right time, given that Calvert -Lewin and Richarlison both out. Seriously need at least one back for next week, can't be watching Rondon much more.

With another win at Goodison, and 4 from 6, confidence will build, hopefully we can compete against the better teams ;)

It really blows my mind that Townsend is better than James right now.

It really blows my mind that Townsend is better than James right now.
I believe that James DGAF.

Even if RB doesn't want you here, I'm not sure how you accept a transfer to a club in Qatar, at a stage in your career where you're not that old and can still play at a high level. Could have lowered his wage demands and gone to Porto. Had interest from Turkey and that's a lot closer to respectability than Qatar. MLS would be closer to respectable but not even a sniff from them. FFS I think China would be better but no interest. Supposedly he wants to play regularly to get back into Colombia's side for the WC, but it should tell us something that even Colombia's manager didn't even want him for the Copa and he's still a hero there.

I question how often he was really "hurt" last season. I think a player with more application and something to prove - like, for example, Townsend - might have missed some games with the exact same injuries but would not have missed them all or even most.

I'm not a hater. I'm not crapping on him. It's a shame he never played in a full Goodison. Maybe RB was unfair to him. I loved the quality he showed when he played. His star power was nice to have. This all makes me sad.

But at the end of the day Townsend wants to work hard and from available evidence I don't believe that James cares much.

Not long ago we were struggling to beat the likes of Norwich, Huddersfield, Sheffield United and Newcastle at home

How many home wins did we have least season was it 3?

We have already matched that in our first 3 home games

He is building a solid foundation for us at home and if we can match that with some good away performances as well then we should easily be top 8 this season and possibly sneak into European footy next season

Not long ago we were struggling to beat the likes of Norwich, Huddersfield, Sheffield United and Newcastle at home

How many home wins did we have least season was it 3?

We have already matched that in our first 3 home games

He is building a solid foundation for us at home and if we can match that with some good away performances as well then we should easily be top 8 this season and possibly sneak into European footy next season
6 spud

Status
Not open for further replies.