Match Thread Everton v Norwich City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A great 3 points and the manager can only play the hand he’s dealt. We seriously need a right back and should have already sorted this out! Ben Godfrey, who I like as a player, really struggled and I fear has turned his ankle,Iwobi spent most of the game apologising to digne, I couldn’t believe Rondon is actually described as a striker he looked better when he dropped back as a defensive midfielder. I can’t imagine where we would be if we hadn’t signed Gray ( a natural footballer)and Townsend ( good going forward and good defensively )
Summary we were poor Norwich worse but 3 vital points for us I can’t wait to get richi dcl and seamus back.

Not long ago we were struggling to beat the likes of Norwich, Huddersfield, Sheffield United and Newcastle at home

How many home wins did we have least season was it 3?

We have already matched that in our first 3 home games

He is building a solid foundation for us at home and if we can match that with some good away performances as well then we should easily be top 8 this season and possibly sneak into European footy next season
Yeah and altough they've all been by two goal cushions. The possession is lower than it should so doesn't count.

I gave it to Dukes ,just thought he was worth it for the work he puts in ,although Andros deserves a mention of course and the steal of the window Gray is always up there too.
I agree with above poster that we were poor but they were worse .
We need players back and to be grateful for the points we have ,plus the results generally went for us this week .

We made hard work of getting through 10 Orange and one Lime Mivvi but eventually we got them licked.

The A Team stood out, Aboudelaye, Allan and Andros (Alex was ok too!)

Just watched the replay on Sky. We were ok playing some decent football without much threat. Rondon was invisible but we know it was never planned to play him full games for some time yet. Nobody could have predicted the lengthy loss of both Rich and DCL. They could be out for the first half of October, so a rethink may be necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.