Match Thread Everton v Norwich City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Gordon might get a start instead of Iwobi who had returned quite quickly and efficiently to his garbage best. Or if Davies plays as the 3rd midfielder with Rondon, Townsend and Gray up front. Whichever way you look at it, it’s a bit grim really, considering what we had available this time last year.
As long as we don’t lose, anything else a bonus. That’s how weak this squad is now.

2 teams on the pitch today stacked with championship standard players.

————Allen—————Davies————-
——————-Doucoure————————
Townsend———-Rondon———-Gray

not the best we’ve ever seen is it?
Definitely not, but hopefully still enough to get 3 points today

Buzzing tbh. My first game of the season due to work commitments. Back in my old seat in the upper bullens for the first time what seems an eternity.
Weird really as ive been going to Goodison for most of my life but the absence has made this a buzz.
Well aware that probably by 3.15 i wish i was back at work.
My last game at Goodison was Norwich under Silva… hope this works out better for you!

If we have a danger man against you it is probably Christos Tzolis, a Greek winger. I haven't seen us play this season but I suspect we aren't quite as bad as we appear. We had a covid-ravaged pre-season and Farke is trying to bed in nine new players, some of whom need to get up to speed with English football. We miss Oliver Skipp protecting the defence, but if we can find a system that gives it more cover, so we stop shipping goals, then we should start picking up some points.

So we are a lot clearer on the strength or lack of, of the squad. I'm hoping we can latch onto the passion of our first two home games, grab three points and limp towards January and hopefully get a couple of needed players in.

If we have a danger man against you it is probably Christos Tzolis, a Greek winger. I haven't seen us play this season but I suspect we aren't quite as bad as we appear. We had a covid-ravaged pre-season and Farke is trying to bed in nine new players, some of whom need to get up to speed with English football. We miss Oliver Skipp protecting the defence, but if we can find a system that gives it more cover, so we stop shipping goals, then we should start picking up some points.
If your winger is half decent he could cause problems because we're lacking in full backs. Hope you improve and have a decent season, but not today. Today I hope you crumble like a digestive and succumb to the force of iwobi and Rondon

It’s gonna be a great day with a comfortable win for EFC then a few pints followed by a cracking bout of fisticuffs COYB
What about playing Andros as striker I must say I’ve not taken to Rondon but hope to be proved wrong ?

Our depleted front line worries me today and with the opposition's desires to stay in the league I am going for a conservative 5-0 to Everton.

Hat-trick for Tom Davies, Kenny waltzing down the wing like a demon and Gray having a field day. Pickford will be annoyed with letting an error in.

I would at least like to see Simms come off the bench, I can’t take any more of Iwobi as a false 9, I’ve had my fill of it.
I`d want to see Simms start, he has a good record of scoring goals albeit in the lagues below but that is how Kane etc started. Rondon has never been a goal scorer anywhere not even in China which is the equivalent to league 1.

I know who I`d be putting my faith in, an up and coming youngster not an over the hill yard dog.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.