Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest - Pre-Match Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Only chance of scoring goals is set pieces / defensive errors / VAR mistakes.

I think it's absolutely shocking that McNeil is getting 90 minutes every game when he's been absolutely horrific the entire season.

Harrison has to start this, even if he's been crap all season too - he's been out the side and his replacement has been pitiful, so he needs to come back in.

If Danjuma is fit, get him in over McNeil, but obviously that won't happen.

Very fearful that Keane comes in for Branthwaite here.

Coleman, Young, Godfrey at right back, all crap and doesn't really matter which one is selected.

The rest of the side picks itself.

I only read the first few pages of this so apologies if this is a point made elsewhere (but I haven't seen it).

People saying Forest will "sit in" or make it tough for us to break them down have clearly not watched them very often.

Gibbs-White, Elanga, Hudson-Odoi will be rubbing their hands together at the prospect of running at our slow, static defence. The way Palmer & Isaak have taken the mick just by running with the ball at us...we're so predictable, and if that's obvious to fans, you can guarantee Nuno will have had them working on getting their tricky players 1 vs 1 with ours.

Nervous.

This is my prediction. Just can't see us scoring or creating anything. He has to change something. It's ridiculous going through the same motions every week
They where very unlucky against Spurs but for a Wood sitter they'd have been leading at the break and I think would have gone on to win.

Morgan Gibbs White will pull the strings for these and they will bombard our Right with Hudson-Odoi.

I think Monday was very damaging for players to be honest,you really don't need a 6-0 defeat at this time of season especially when you're fighting for you life.

Goodison will be a bag of nerves .

This is my big fear in all of this. No matter how bad things get, we always 'turn up' when it matters. My big fear this season is that the fans have just been through enough and there's just too much to worry about.

I hope to god though that we turn up in full, defiant, we shall not be moved mood. Not least because it's what the old lady deserves. Will haunt me to my dying days if the final days of Goodison see it sucked into a pit of despair and Championship football.

We simply have to turn up. It's what we do and the only thing we as fans can actually keep alive about OUR club.