Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest - Pre-Match Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would you take a point right now with Brentford and Sheff Utd to come at home and Luton away in the next few weeks?

Most people (rightly IMO) now seem to believe that 4 points should be enough to save us.
Yep would definitely take a point. That would put us 3 ahead of Luton with a vastly superior goal difference, and keep Forest below us.

Luton: I think Burnley being able to overtake them will way heavily on them.

Up until this point they were the team that could get out of the relegation zone by putting a team above them in trouble. Having Burnley being capable of leapfrogging them and cementing them in the bottom three will demoralise that team further.
it could also inspire them to try harder....

Would you take a point right now with Brentford and Sheff Utd to come at home and Luton away in the next few weeks?

Most people (rightly IMO) now seem to believe that 4 points should be enough to save us.

Going into Brentford 5 points clear of Luton with 4 games to go would alleviate so much pressure. I think a win tomorrow would spur us on in our final home games against Brentford and Sheff Utd. I feel if we don't win tomorrow and given the obvious defeat against Liverpool, Brentford becomes a very anxious day.

Going into Brentford 5 points clear of Luton with 4 games to go would alleviate so much pressure. I think a win tomorrow would spur us on in our final home games against Brentford and Sheff Utd. I feel if we don't win tomorrow and given the obvious defeat against Liverpool, Brentford becomes a very anxious day.
Due to that defeat today and the nature of it I think that a win tomorrow will more than likely seal our PL status. I'd also say a draw tomorrow - while not great - would still place us very much in the driving seat.

They had the chance to get out of the relegation zone today and couldn't even rouse themselves.
True enough mate, but they will have better days, will we?? I'm not sure we've another win in us.

There's always a surprising result or two in the last couple of weeks...

One of them might actually be an everton win.. but I wouldn't hold.your breath..

I can see a scenario were we don't win again this season & still stay up.
Draw tomorrow, Draws with Luton & Brentford & getting a point back on appeal staying up with 31 points

Just win tomorrow please

True enough mate, but they will have better days, will we?? I'm not sure we've another win in us.

There's always a surprising result or two in the last couple of weeks...

One of them might actually be an everton win.. but I wouldn't hold.your breath..
Wednesday that’s happening as we send Klump packing with nowt.

Due to that defeat today and the nature of it I think that a win tomorrow will more than likely seal our PL status. I'd also say a draw tomorrow - while not great - would still place us very much in the driving seat.

We're talking about the most incompetent Everton side in living memory BTW. I honestly feel the only way we stay up is if Luton don't win another match.

We need to be brave and go for the 3 points tomorrow. They need to shoot at goal more and try whatever to have shots on goal and get into positions to shoot