Match Thread Everton v Southampton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentle reminder for those that are lucky enough to attend.

FmF9rkfX0AAUR4I

Your voice matters, please, be respectful, but make your voice heard, OUR club is on its knees and we, the fans, are the only people who can lift it up again.
And the sit in starts right after the game finishes even if we have a good result: We are protesting about the misfits in the Boardroom, NOT the players.

Imagine if we went away to palace in the FA Cup and won 2-1 and then beat City 2-0 in the league cup.

Yeah well you keep on imagining. Coz it aint happening.

We need to be extremely aggressive and physical. We need to make this horrible for them and use the crowd as much as possible.

If we get passive lethargic slow paced possession football then Lampard should be sacked before he gets in the car home.

Lampard can't survive without 3 points from this fixture.

I know Moshiri has come out and given the usual but he said exactly the same about FSW pretty much a year ago and then sacked him a week later. This is basically the Norwich fixture for Lampard so he needs to get it right and then he'll probably cling on for a few more weeks.

We need to be extremely aggressive and physical. We need to make this horrible for them and use the crowd as much as possible.

If we get passive lethargic slow paced possession football then Lampard should be sacked before he gets in the car home.

They will be just as physical and aggressive. Its a given we have to be that as a minimum.
What we need more is a bit of quality play. And finishing.
That will be the failure. It usually is.

It would be so Everton to draw on Saturday and end the weekend just outside the drop-zone. Nothing is really resolved and the drama moves on to the West Ham game.

That S'ton result is a good one if anything.

If anyone - fans or players - thought it was going to be a winable game if we just turn up and apply ourselves then that's taken that lazy notion off the table.

There are no teams at the bottom of the table who you can see as nailed on relegation candidates...except at the moment, us.

It will take a massive effort to get 3 points on Saturday, but I think those cup wins and the efforts put it may have taken something out of S'ton too.

We need to win this and then hope that new players are in for the WHU game.

They will be just as physical and aggressive. Its a given we have to be that as a minimum.
What we need more is a bit of quality play. And finishing.
That will be the failure. It usually is.
But we aren’t a physical team, I’d go as far as to say we’re a bunch of fairies.

We don’t have the players to be anything

That S'ton result is a good one if anything.

If anyone - fans or players - thought it was going to be a winable game if we just turn up and apply ourselves then that's taken that lazy notion off the table.

There are no teams at the bottom of the table who you can see as nailed on relegation candidates...except at the moment, us.

It will take a massive effort to get 3 points on Saturday, but I think those cup wins and the efforts put it may have taken something out of S'ton too.

We need to win this and then hope that new players are in for the WHU game.

It may have also bought their manager, who is poor, some more time.

Unbelievable how our schedule seems to hit teams just as they come into form or they have a new manager bounce. If we had played Leicester or Wolves a month earlier than we did we probably get results, might be adding Southampton to that list now. FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back