Match Thread Everton v Southampton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might struggle to sleep on Friday

This is such an important game
I'll sleep like a baby. We're finished - whatever happens on Saturday. We are rotting from the head down. There's a perfect confluence of all of those ingredients that, on their own, we could survive: Kenwright's pompous hubris and cunning venality, Moshiri's lofty stupidity, the shallow entitlement of fans who prized style over content when we were mid-table or better, the weakness of Marcel Brands which never extended to his ability to coin a personal fortune, the overpromotion of a great scout, Steve Walsh, into a DoF position he was totally unsuited for, and the ludicrous PR appointment of a third-rate manager contributing to a poisonous farrago.

We could survive a few of those things - but now, together, it's overwhelming.

We're done.

Past caring

If the owner is happy for us to fall off a cliff why should we be bothered

More to life than worrying about a bunch of self entitled layabouts

Past caring

If the owner is happy for us to fall off a cliff why should we be bothered

More to life than worrying about a bunch of self entitled layabouts
This TBH ..... not even worth getting up to watch.
I'll take a passing interest here in Jan ( check results / transfer deadline Ha! ) but cant see it being anything other than relegation this season.
Sad but its been a long time coming !

Think I'd go 442. I think we can expect Southampton to play 5 at the back like they did against city and without iwobi our midfield is looking a bit devoid of creativity, so back to basics.

Pickford
Coleman Coady Tarkowski Mykolenko
Gordon Onana Gana Gray
Calvert-Lewin Simms/Maupay

Think I'd go 442. I think we can expect Southampton to play 5 at the back like they did against city and without iwobi our midfield is looking a bit devoid of creativity, so back to basics.

Pickford
Coleman Coady Tarkowski Mykolenko
Gordon Onana Gana Gray
Calvert-Lewin Simms/Maupay

Hope they come out and play Football.

I do take time out

Maybe you should
Ha ha. I'm hardly the most prolific poster on here, so maybe it'd be an idea to stop talking nonsense for a few minutes.

My mate took time out from Everton, after being a regular for 20+ years... key difference is, he won't be on social media talking about us all day, like all you "I can't be arsed until we're good" types.

Their manager has kept them in both cup competitions, against the odds. Dare I say, on Saturday he will be above our poor manager who has spent thrice as much.

Well cup football is a bit of an irrelevance when you're in their situation.

I make it 5 straight defeats for them in the league. I'd hardly call it a new manager bounce. I mean hes not even a new manager.

I'm not really sure why you have brought into the discussion our manager, or how much either has spent, as that is sort of irrelevant information, and on the 2nd point an apples and pears comparison as 1 has had 3 transfer windows and 1 has had 12 days to spend funds.

But yes, because he has spent less in 12 days, and you think hes better than Lampard, hes not lost 5 league games in a row, and is enjoying a new manager bounce. Or something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back