• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
God knows how Lampard would set us up. I reckon he will go:

Pickford

Coleman Godfrey coady tarkowski myko

Gana Onana

Grey DCL gordon

I’d probably play Mina ahead of coady if he is fit , still think he’s by far our best centre back when fit. I also think coady is pretty overrated tbh.

I’d also play doucoure ahead of gordon to make us sold in midfield.

Pickford

Gana Onana

Grey Dominic Calvert-Lewin gordon

I’d probably play Mina ahead of coady if he is fit , still think he’s by far our best centre back when fit. I also think coady is pretty overrated tbh.

I mean it all does but The fullbacks available really do cause me a concern in that system.

Honestly think our best hope currently is be solid. Make it a dire match and hope grey or a set piece counts..

Lucky I’m not manager really
Oh mate that wasn’t a criticism of you , in reality I think it’s probably what he’ll do but with an ageing Coleman and a left back who rarely attacks it just concerns me.

Folks if anyone could help out with this it would be most appreciated:

EF7F85CF-53A7-46F0-98B1-B983276ED30E.webp

Pickford

Gana Onana

I think this is the team except Mina for Godfrey

I’m off to the bookies to put a fiver on Southampton to win, I couldn’t win a one ticket raffle so we‘re bound to win, or draw.. damn I need to put money on the draw too.

Pickford

Gana Onana

Probably right. I actually hate this formation though. Most premier league teams play with a midfield 3, with us playing 2 in there the opposition midfield 3 can literally pass it around our 2 and they spend all day chasing shadows. Even when 1 of our 2 central have the ball the opposition can double up on the player with possession and mark the other central midfielder, it’s crap.

I think it only works if Gordon drops into a CAM role and Gray moves more central into a 532

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back