• Jesper Lindstrom

• Abdoulaye Doucoure

• Iliman NDiaye

• Beto

• Ashley Young 62'

• Jack Harrison 62'

• Tim Iroegbunam 79'

Results are only viewable after voting.
This reminds me of the Burnley side he took down..everyone was shocked when he got saked...then Burnley went on a run and nearly stayed up...did he lose the dressing room there....defo think he has here...
Don't think it has anything to do with losing the dressing room. He has his way of playing and will not deviate even when his record shows majority of the time he gets it totally wrong. He is stuck and it does not matter what class of player he has he will just stick to his way. Thelwell needs to tell him (as DoF) he wants a certain style of play and more importantly, play to players strengths and utilise them all. Tonight, Ndiaye for example was starved of the ball, our players did not support each other. Our team did not even attempt to play football

Just saying that looking at a possession stat without breaking it down further is silly but I wouldn't expect anything more than someone who regularly proves to be a dimwit.

I can pluck stats that make us look better than Southampton such as shots we had compared to them, despite the 'POsSEsSion!!!!'. Doesn't mean anything. Both teams were crap and we played a side that had 2/11 first team players if everyone was fit (McNeil and Ndiaye).

Agendas are strong though and will not die until Dyche is out.

Shots don’t help either. More corners though

IMG_4074.webp

We’re not going down.

I don’t feel that way, anyway.

It’s September. The key for me is punting Dyche before it’s too late, and I have hope that will happen.
I'm a glass half empty person but fairly level headed but...

I have no idea how anyone could think we are staying up.(no offence) We look an utter shambles for years now and it's time. This is coming and i really worry goodison won't be able to keep us up this time around in her last season.

I pray she does.

Last edited:

I'm a glass half empty person but fairly level headed but...

I have no idea how anyone could think we are staying up.(no offence) We look an utter shambles for years now and it's time. This is coming and i really worry goodison won't be able to keep us up this time around in her last season.

I pray she does.
I think we ought to stay up because a worse squad than this one essentially finished 11th last season.

We’ve improved the starting 11, and the bench.

A half decent manager can get 17th, no sweat.

I hope It’s sinking in, it’s not a question of personnel, selection or subs

We are set up to spoil the game, his only concern is shape without the ball and that means we’re going to be on the back foot constantly

That’s why he went Young for Beto, he’s trying to plug a hole somewhere, that’s all he thinks about

Defending doesn’t stop you from losing.
It’s a false economy because you’re constantly handing the initiative away.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back