Match Thread Everton v Spurs. 3rd Jan at 1600.

How do we make Everton boss?

• Sort the goalkeeper out

Votes: 183 41.4%
  • Get Jagielka in and the defence sorted

Votes: 83 18.8%
  • Change the Manager

Votes: 42 9.5%
  • Show some patience with the young team

Votes: 56 12.7%
  • I just watch the games and can't be arsed with all this

Votes: 35 7.9%
  • I'm a Chinese spam robot you ted

Votes: 43 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes because it was a must win game in light of the last two home games. We got a goal up and still managed to mess it up with yet more appalling defending. Our Christine period has messed up all chances of a decent league finish now, all thanks to that clown Martinez.

Was the result a bad one mate?
Spurs were pretty good and have been all season, we matched them, withstood their pressure and looked much more defensively solid than we have all season. Not far off nicking it at the end either.

What a great game. We were good - but Spurs were better. I love the way we pass the ball these days, but Spurs surpassed us in this area. In the end, too many final balls went loose. Kone was imo our weak link - sell him, and keep Naismith (unfortunately, that's not going to happen). Besic and Deulofeu were great substitutions, Besic's shot towards the end was sublime.

I really think we have a great squad now, just a few tweaks here and there to take us to the next level. We need to keep Naismith unless we're going to sign a class striker to support Romelu. Hopefully Jags coming back will tighten things up in the defence. It's essential that we hang on to almost every player we currently have and then strengthen in depth. Stones is immense and it would be an immense tragedy if we lose him. It looks like a top 8 finish will be the best we can hope for this season, but if we can keep the squad together we can hopefully push on from there next season. That's not a given though, simply because the quality of the Premiership seems to have improved generally: that might not be good for us but is for the game overall.

Dele Alli... today's news, tomorrow's fish and chip papers...

Same with Ben Stokes in the Cricket earlier... poster boy for English cricket after one very good knock. Duck next innings and it'll be Ben who?

Do you think the RS pair on the panel realise that Everton also played today? Or was it just Spuds?

Sky are not interested in what miracle Martinez performed to get us a home draw. Spurs dominating most of the game away from home to continue their top 4 form is the story. You can thank Roberto for our irrelevance this season (apart from on certain radio stations where we are playing the best football in the land)

Cracking second half. I think we deserved to win that in the end, but happy with the effort. We needed a game like that to blast the Christmas cobwebs off.

A great squad in the bottom half, wahay! But it's ok lads, we'll pick up form soon, honest. :lol:

Are you simply wanting to be right? Or do you just enjoy bringing others down?
I'm merely pointing out anybody saying things are fine or we'll start winning by some sort of miracle has no idea whatsoever, as literally everything is pointing at it being completely the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back