Match Thread Everton v Spurs. 3rd Jan at 1600.

How do we make Everton boss?

• Sort the goalkeeper out

Votes: 183 41.4%
  • Get Jagielka in and the defence sorted

Votes: 83 18.8%
  • Change the Manager

Votes: 42 9.5%
  • Show some patience with the young team

Votes: 56 12.7%
  • I just watch the games and can't be arsed with all this

Votes: 35 7.9%
  • I'm a Chinese spam robot you ted

Votes: 43 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
GOT logic:

When we lose or draw to a team below us: 'anyone can beat anyone in this league, no one is entitled to any win'

When we lose or draw to a side above us: They've got a better squad than us and spent more money yet you're complaining about dropped points?! A draw was the best our squad could hope for.

Yes because it was a must win game in light of the last two home games. We got a goal up and still managed to mess it up with yet more appalling defending. Our Christine period has messed up all chances of a decent league finish now, all thanks to that clown Martinez.
Wasn't really appalling defending mate, it was average defending, switching off for a step followed by a top class run and finish.
Appalling defending would be Coleman not tracking the run or getting well caught out of position.
Even that massive Kopite Tyler said as much.

You see what you want to see I guess.

Not without merit, neither. Thought he was a constant problem until he went off. Outshone Barkley...Probly because Barkley allowed him to.
If Spurs had allowed Barkley the same room as him then it would have been different. We need Besic and another Besic in midfield because he doesn't allow anyone much time and space.

Infinitely better second half, but I'm still baffled by the reluctance to play two wide players in the wide positions. I thought the subs were spot on, but it should have been Besic for Cleverly and Gerard for Kone. Baines looks rusty still, but as an attacking threat he's irrelevant at the moment because he has Kone or some other non wide player in front of him.

Hopefully Besic has played his way into the side though as he transformed us. We need someone not afraid to get stuck in with McCarthy out so hopefully he plays on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back