Match Thread Everton v Spurs. 3rd Jan at 1600.

How do we make Everton boss?

• Sort the goalkeeper out

Votes: 183 41.4%
  • Get Jagielka in and the defence sorted

Votes: 83 18.8%
  • Change the Manager

Votes: 42 9.5%
  • Show some patience with the young team

Votes: 56 12.7%
  • I just watch the games and can't be arsed with all this

Votes: 35 7.9%
  • I'm a Chinese spam robot you ted

Votes: 43 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Infinitely better second half, but I'm still baffled by the reluctance to play two wide players in the wide positions. I thought the subs were spot on, but it should have been Besic for Cleverly and Gerard for Kone. Baines looks rusty still, but as an attacking threat he's irrelevant at the moment because he has Kone or some other non wide player in front of him.

Hopefully Besic has played his way into the side though as he transformed us. We need someone not afraid to get stuck in with McCarthy out so hopefully he plays on Wednesday.
Most likely won't, or at least won't start. Just back injured, Martinez probably won't risk him after a boss showing like this.

The substitutions really changed the game today. We went from looking uncertain in the first half and lucky to get the goal to playing some great, fast football. We were the better team for most of the second half.

Are you simply wanting to be right? Or do you just enjoy bringing others down?
Was thinking about this when reading through here. That old question 'would you rather be right or happy?' It's great to have your opinions and favourites but if you can't just enjoy the entertainment and get behind them when they are working hard and entertaining then what is the point. Bit of grace and a lot of encouragement to anyone who is out there and this may all just come right.

If he picked the right side to start with we could very well have bossed Spurs and won that, poor starting 11 cost us there today.

Kone broke down 9 attacks until he went off, and could have stood 3 yards onside and had a one on one with the keeper, instead he was offside.

Sitting him on the bench, moving Cleverly into his position and playing Besic with Barry would have made a hell of a difference to that 1st half.

It was all there to see, but I don't expect Martinez to learn anything from that today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back