Match Thread Everton v Spurs. 3rd Jan at 1600.

How do we make Everton boss?

• Sort the goalkeeper out

Votes: 183 41.4%
  • Get Jagielka in and the defence sorted

Votes: 83 18.8%
  • Change the Manager

Votes: 42 9.5%
  • Show some patience with the young team

Votes: 56 12.7%
  • I just watch the games and can't be arsed with all this

Votes: 35 7.9%
  • I'm a Chinese spam robot you ted

Votes: 43 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see your working on why it's impossible all of a sudden after this game, however.

Have a look at the table, form, current team. We are not getting top 4, same as we are not going down.

I would love top 4, I am desperate to see us win the thing again, something I witnessed as a 10 year old and hope to see again in my lifetime.

Sky are not interested in what miracle Martinez performed to get us a home draw. Spurs dominating most of the game away from home to continue their top 4 form is the story. You can thank Roberto for our irrelevance this season (apart from on certain radio stations where we are playing the best football in the land)

Like it or not...we were the better team second half against a very good Spurs team...with a bit more luck we'd have won it.
Glass half full me

Sky are not interested in what miracle Martinez performed to get us a home draw. Spurs dominating most of the game away from home to continue their top 4 form is the story. You can thank Roberto for our irrelevance this season (apart from on certain radio stations where we are playing the best football in the land)
Why are you gutted we just put the southern media's luvvy team back in their box there second half?

Oh, I know why......

Like it or not...we were the better team second half against a very good Spurs team...with a bit more luck we'd have won it.
Glass half full me

For the last 20 mins we were. First 25 of the 2nd half was around even....Maybe spurs slightly the better imo.

And with a bit more luck? Spurs hit the woodwork twice?!

Have a look at the table, form, current team. We are not getting top 4, same as we are not going down.

I would love top 4, I am desperate to see us win the thing again, something I witnessed as a 10 year old and hope to see again in my lifetime.
So you're saying it's absolutely impossible we win 3 on the bounce and Tottenham don't? And that form is absolutely permanent for the whole season, meaning that Chelsea will clearly get relegated?

Nothing is impossible as of yet, as there's nearly half a season to play.

Terrible first half performance but in the second we were by far the most dangerous side.

Lloris showed that a goalkeeper can win you points, the save from Besic's exquisite volley earned them a point.

Meanwhile Howard was his usually flapping, panic striken self. Get shot ffs.

That second half was much better, and it's really how we should play. Just getting in their faces, taking people on, increasing the level of commitment, they didn't know what to do once we started doing that, and it really stretched the game and gave everyone much more confidence - shown by Barkley and Funes Mori, both of whom had stinkers in the first half, really improving in the second.

That level of commitment that we saw in the second half has got to be maintained on a permanent basis regardless of who we play if we're going to do anything.

[Completely ignores first half, poor team selection and setup]
...or Spurs were simply a very decent team on blob.

I think the answer is more toward that end of the spectrum.

We have a massive game there on Wednesday..."I know, let's knacker our starting XI for it..."

For the last 20 mins we were. First 25 of the 2nd half was around even....Maybe spurs slightly the better imo.

And with a bit more luck? Spurs hit the woodwork twice?!

If hitting the woodwork counted the RS would be champs by now doncha know..and we'd have mullered Norwich

and based on your second half facts...we were the better team..as I said

Spurs fans saying first half was best they've played and they are serious title contenders for me. We looked nervous, sorted it out and could have won.
Got a bit of luck but we deserve that after last few games.
And those who were saying Martinez doesn't make tactical changes seem to be the same ones saying the ones he made that worked should have been how we started. Clearly this is just frustration that your own managerial skills haven't been recognised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back