Match Thread Everton v Spurs. 3rd Jan at 1600.

How do we make Everton boss?

• Sort the goalkeeper out

Votes: 183 41.4%
  • Get Jagielka in and the defence sorted

Votes: 83 18.8%
  • Change the Manager

Votes: 42 9.5%
  • Show some patience with the young team

Votes: 56 12.7%
  • I just watch the games and can't be arsed with all this

Votes: 35 7.9%
  • I'm a Chinese spam robot you ted

Votes: 43 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
...or Spurs were simply a very decent team on blob.

I think the answer is more toward that end of the spectrum.

We have a massive game there on Wednesday..."I know, let's knacker our starting XI for it..."
It really isn't Dave. I like Martinez as well, but can't we all admit when he's done a wrong?

Starting Kone against them is a mistake (or Kone in general), having the overly defensive attitude of the first half is getting it suicidally wrong.

I admire this fight you're fighting with illogical statements (just as you did when Moyes was around, by the by, so some things never change I guess), it's extremely amusing, but let's be real for a second.

I think there is nothing between us and spurs in individual quality, if anything I think we have a better squad. Our problems do seem to stem from the way our manager has us playing,we don't look a balanced team at all, I think a left sided player and tactics tweaked we are easy as good as spurs, run down their starting 11 today there's a fair few that wouldn't get in our starting line up, most of ours would get in theirs but their manager sets them up right ours does not.Also I've just looked on the BBC football page caption and it says, Alli scores a stunning volley he took it down well but I'd hardly call it stunning. Anyway I think it was a decent result today and if there had been another 10 mins I'm sure we would have won. Also I'm not sure it was noticed on tv but I'm sure Howard got a touch to the davies shot, if he did that was a great save.

Martinez said in his interview that he basically has all he needs and won't be bringing anyone in.

Dropping Kone would be like a new signing.

We need the players we have to start playing up to their potential across the board...bring new blood in isn't going to help us this year. January signing almost never bed in that quickly. Happy to buy a young one for the future and loan them out though.

Was thinking about this when reading through here. That old question 'would you rather be right or happy?' It's great to have your opinions and favourites but if you can't just enjoy the entertainment and get behind them when they are working hard and entertaining then what is the point. Bit of grace and a lot of encouragement to anyone who is out there and this may all just come right.
Right on.

We need the players we have to start playing up to their potential across the board...bring new blood in isn't going to help us this year. January signing almost never bed in that quickly. Happy to buy a young one for the future and loan them out though.
Bringing a keeper will help mate

It really isn't Dave. I like Martinez as well, but can't we all admit when he's done a wrong?

Starting Kone against them is a mistake (or Kone in general), having the overly defensive attitude of the first half is getting it suicidally wrong.

I admire this fight you're fighting with illogical statements (just as you did when Moyes was around, by the by, so some things never change I guess), it's extremely amusing, but let's be real for a second.

I thought his plan was to give them the ball and bring them onto us, and I think he was spot on by saying post match that they had a lot of possession but didn't cut through a great deal.

That plan almost got us to HT with the lead. Second half we changed the shape and tempo and that worked.

Sorry mate, I think once the dust has settled on this match it'll be seen that we've handled a team in the form of their lives very cagily and expertly.

We have conceded so many goals right before the break, we have players like Barry talking about not switching off like we have been doing and that's exactly what we did. We were lucky today but could of won if we could concentrate the full 90

I thought his plan was to give them the ball and bring them onto us, and I think he was spot on by saying post match that they had a lot of possession but didn't cut through a great deal.

That plan almost got us to HT with the lead. Second half we changed the shape and tempo and that worked.

Sorry mate, I think once the dust has settled on this match it'll be seen that we've handled a team in the form of their lives very cagily and expertly.

It's a decent result in isolation. But the capitulations of the previous games made it an almost must win given the games we have coming up.

The pressure is on massively now for the next few games.

Didn't cut through, for real? We sat so far deep and they created so many chances, it was a miracle when we took the lead on the break, and they could've had 4.

Hardly "expertly". The word here is "just about".

If he picked the right side to start with we could very well have bossed Spurs and won that, poor starting 11 cost us there today.

Kone broke down 9 attacks until he went off, and could have stood 3 yards onside and had a one on one with the keeper, instead he was offside.

Sitting him on the bench, moving Cleverly into his position and playing Besic with Barry would have made a hell of a difference to that 1st half.

It was all there to see, but I don't expect Martinez to learn anything from that today.

Agreed. Kone is imo frequently our weak link, it's about time that Roberto realised that he is at best an impact player off the bench. Selling Naismith is imo a massive mistake unless a top quality striker is lined up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back