Match Thread Everton v Spurs. 3rd Jan at 1600.

How do we make Everton boss?

• Sort the goalkeeper out

Votes: 183 41.4%
  • Get Jagielka in and the defence sorted

Votes: 83 18.8%
  • Change the Manager

Votes: 42 9.5%
  • Show some patience with the young team

Votes: 56 12.7%
  • I just watch the games and can't be arsed with all this

Votes: 35 7.9%
  • I'm a Chinese spam robot you ted

Votes: 43 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I agree. They are very good side, and they played us off the pitch first half. Everyone of their players are good on the ball. Second half we matched them and looked more dangerous though which was great.

Did it look like we've worked a bit on set pieces or was that just me? I mean our corners looked actually not random kicks in the box this time, at least towards the end of the game...

"Must win" what does that mean?

Why must we win them? The LC games, yeah, for sure. I dont think I view any of the others are that pressing, tbh. 'Want to win games', yes. But 'must'...I dont get the overwhelming urgency or significance.

Because the more we fail to win the more the manager and players are feeling the pressure, which we suffer from.

As you probably know I'm a fan of Martinez. But 1 win in 7 and the run of games isn't getting easier. You may not think winning is a pressing issue but it is. We need to win games.

"Must win" what does that mean?

Why must we win them? The LC games, yeah, for sure. I dont think I view any of the others are that pressing, tbh. 'Want to win games', yes. But 'must'...I dont get the overwhelming urgency or significance.
If anything I think we need to view the rest of this season as an opportunity to take the pressure off, let them get to know each other's games and work as a unit, then who knows next season.
Few players out there for Spurs today that could have been shipped out by them a season ago and now looking like real team players.
Do understand why people are fed up being patient but it's not like we are watching terrible football and being patient which is something plenty of us did before seeing a winning team

Good to see Besic make an apperance. He certainly toughened midfield up in the second half. Howard stuck to his line as usual which made it hard for defence to clear their lines. Kone another selection worry - offered little. Cleverley on the left was more of an outlet. Some good running by Barkeley but final pass selection weak at times.

Thought we struggled with the balance of bringing them on to us and actually imposing our selves in the game first half. Second half you could see the players enjoyed it more ,because we had more of the ball. Think the key to being more pragmatic could be keep the fullbacks at home more, and let the other attacking threats deal with it.

Their players looked a lot fitter than ours, ran non stop throughout the game. Their players are always there for the pass and making forward runs, which is something our midfield really need to do more.

Because the more we fail to win the more the manager and players are feeling the pressure, which we suffer from.

As you probably know I'm a fan of Martinez. But 1 win in 7 and the run of games isn't getting easier. You may not think winning is a pressing issue but it is. We need to win games.
I agree. Martinez fan but we've thrown away far too many leads this season (I don't put today's game in that category. They well deserved the equalizer based on first half performance). No way we keep our best young players if we finish 11th. Don't think a league cup changes that (but maybe it does).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back