Match Thread Everton v Spurs. 3rd Jan at 1600.

How do we make Everton boss?

• Sort the goalkeeper out

Votes: 183 41.4%
  • Get Jagielka in and the defence sorted

Votes: 83 18.8%
  • Change the Manager

Votes: 42 9.5%
  • Show some patience with the young team

Votes: 56 12.7%
  • I just watch the games and can't be arsed with all this

Votes: 35 7.9%
  • I'm a Chinese spam robot you ted

Votes: 43 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disjointed and a performance reminiscent of last season. Can't get anywhere near them and to a man everyone looks lost out there. Big improvement needed in this half, playing like half the team we are attacking wise and normal service resumed at the back.

Fair play to Martinez....he's left his philosophy at the door today, Barkley in his interview said we had been working on our defensive shape all week. I think it's showing thus far.

Absolutely wrong. Nothing has changed - Spurs haven't allowed us to play, that's all.

Leaving his philosophy at the door wouldn't have meant playing from the back ad nauseum when it is clear it isn't working.

Thinking back to recent games where we've dominated for the entire first half, Bournemouth and Norwich spring to mind, both opposing managers in those games changed strategy/tactics at half time and outplayed us for the 2nd half. I'm now looking forward to Martinez doing the same and seeing us dominate the 2nd half and come away with a 3-1 victory!!!

Haha I actually think we've done okay. Apart from the goal, which was taken fantastically we've defended really well and limited them to long range efforts.

As a team they look head and shoulders above us (which is another topic altogether), we're doing well to hang in there.

Agree in a way, but what we're seeing here is a team gutted on confidence because of the Stoke game.

Boils down to poor management.

Mate we set up to play deep and try to counter them, also apparently decided to not press and such as well, absolutely outclassed on the managerial front today so far

We shot ourselves in the foot there, they have been the better team, but up un till then our defending had been very good. Lack of concentration and just plain sloppy defending, we need a better outlet, Kone and Lennon trying but aren't succeeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back