Match Thread Everton v Spurs. 3rd Jan at 1600.

How do we make Everton boss?

• Sort the goalkeeper out

Votes: 183 41.4%
  • Get Jagielka in and the defence sorted

Votes: 83 18.8%
  • Change the Manager

Votes: 42 9.5%
  • Show some patience with the young team

Votes: 56 12.7%
  • I just watch the games and can't be arsed with all this

Votes: 35 7.9%
  • I'm a Chinese spam robot you ted

Votes: 43 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the worst i have seen us this season.
Its men against boys out there
The passing in this game has been superb. Spurs have just put a lot of pressure on us and forced us to get rid of the ball early. We should have more chances, but our decision making in their half has been atrocious.

Agree in a way, but what we're seeing here is a team gutted on confidence because of the Stoke game.

Boils down to poor management.

He 100% told them not to go forward in numbers as we have been doing

Problem is we are over exposed on the left and still can't defend simple over the top balls

It's embarrassing watching us play as the away side to Spurs ffs

.....we have completely changed our approach because of the goals we've been conceding and the players seem confused to me. There's no need to discard the attacking play, it's simply about having banks of four behind the ball when the opposition have it, just like Spurs are doing.

Regardless of the player, I think the position Kone is asked to take up upsets the whole balance of the team.

Was going to say 1-0 would have been unfair but I think 1-1 is as well. The half has been dominated by Spurs.

Funes Mori is soooo shaky at the back, bring back King Jagielka as soon as possible

Jags cant come back quickly enough for poor Funes Mori. Its been a hell of an introduction to the league and he is tired, sloppy and nervous right now.

Mori has defended well but his clearances have been rubbish. He is always looking for the pass when sometimes it isn't on.
Spurs have been good but it has been like watching Everton most of the season and all Spurs have to show for it is a 1-1 scoreline. Wondering if there fans are that bothered

Haha I actually think we've done okay. Apart from the goal, which was taken fantastically we've defended really well and limited them to long range efforts.

As a team they look head and shoulders above us (which is another topic altogether), we're doing well to hang in there.

I agree with this. On top of that the atmosphere is pretty bad, crowd ready to go off at any moment...players nervous. Considering the situation at the moment I think they have worked hard and kept a decent shape against a team that are quite obviously in flying form and full of confidence.

Shocking but entirely expected. Thank God for the woodwork and another long ball from Cleverley.

Remember though the Promised Land is just around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back