Match Thread Everton v Spurs. 3rd Jan at 1600.

How do we make Everton boss?

• Sort the goalkeeper out

Votes: 183 41.4%
  • Get Jagielka in and the defence sorted

Votes: 83 18.8%
  • Change the Manager

Votes: 42 9.5%
  • Show some patience with the young team

Votes: 56 12.7%
  • I just watch the games and can't be arsed with all this

Votes: 35 7.9%
  • I'm a Chinese spam robot you ted

Votes: 43 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible half. Its like Martinez has no middle on tactics.

It's either all out attack

Or

Let's try and defend for our lives

Kone yet again awful. Offering nothing going forward or back.

Barry and cleverley just letting their players stroll around centrally. Then Kone just lets Walker run past him.

We're not even using the wings or two attack minded full backs when we have the ball in a decent position
There was no chance that Tottenham wouldn't score they didn't even look rattled when we scored just persisted and carried on.

Men against boys

That was unacceptable really, to come out at Goodison and give that performance, we'd have no complaints if we were 3-0 down. We terribly miss McCarthy, and as hard as Cleverly tries he's just not good enough as cover, we look completely over run in midfield.

The counter attacks don't work as no one has an eye for a good ball when we get it outside our box, I reckon that's why he asks Barkley to Go deep sometimes, but that doesn't work either as he need to be the one driving at defenses.

Not sure where we go from here really.

I would have said that a couple of months ago. On paper, I can't see how Spurs are doing it, but they are a class act on the pitch. Poch is some manager.
Kidding yourself. These are better all over the park. We've got players who take 3 touches to get the ball under control and can't look across a line to stay onside.

Putting more effort in too. Spurs look hungry. We look half arsed.

i do mean player for player. there's certainly not as much difference between them as the performance and the table is showing

difference is manager. this game really highlights that was prob what i meant with that

The passing in this game has been superb. Spurs have just put a lot of pressure on us and forced us to get rid of the ball early. We should have more chances, but our decision making in their half has been atrocious.
Spurs have got a great manager who has them playing to their strengths we have got an overated clueless clown

I agree with this. On top of that the atmosphere is pretty bad, crowd ready to go off at any moment...players nervous. Considering the situation at the moment I think they have worked hard and kept a decent shape against a team that are quite obviously in flying form and full of confidence.

What I would say is that everything this Spurs team is right now is what we really should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back