Match Thread Everton v Swansea. 24th Jan at 1330.

What do you identify the Wirral as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How often is MOTM on the losing side? Geri by a mile. At least 8 crosses which it was easier to convert than miss. You could see him gradually getting more and more annoyed at Lukaku and co...great crosses and no one attacking them.
Didn't deserve to lose that match.

We have Stones and Howard to thank for that.

The worst thing about the whole situation is knowing that he wont get sacked until we are in the Championship.

Martinez is not doing himself any favours by repeatedly not addressing the defensive problems, and I'm talking about all 11 players playing a role.

And as for all this "building a team" talk, someone needs to let Martinez know that it's not 1991 and the Premier League with its quick riches and glory waits for no man.

If Everton don't move up the league very soon then our best players will simply leave. It's been proven time and time again.

Money WILL buy you Stones I'm afraid, sorry lads.

I share all your pain supporting the boys in blue.

Pienaar and his ticky-tacky, fall over, produce nothing party act gets me.

Not having Besic really made a difference and although Cleverley did ok we lacked bite and quality in midfield.

I was also surprised by his taking off Oviedo who was ok in the second half.

A bad, bad result and what must Howard do to get dropped? If there had been no pen. we would have nicked a point.

What?!?!

Cleverley his from the ball and was what he usually is - bang average

Pienaar and Del were about the only good thing about the game. The rest were a disgrace

T
Luckily we won't go down because there's 4/5 teams that are much worse than the rest, Think we've beat 4 of them actually

Wish we had a board who cared about the results as well as the money
thats totally true, but it shouldn't even have to be thought a bout, a good manager we would be at least 6th. Laudrup for me, he had good success at Swansea playing good football, he could achieve a lot here also he has good contacts all over Europe.

Truly dire first half, was probably impacted by the two early subs but Stones and Howard were awful and Rom being off colour didn't help either. Thankgoodness for Barry both in defence and attack as otherwise we'd have gone in with an even worse scoreline.

Improved second half, Deulofeu looked better with Coleman behind him and Cleverley/Baines/Pienaar looked threatening down the left. But even when we had beautiful crosses, sitters or stonewall penalties we didn't score.

Players need to see the game as a kick up the backside but then concentrate on putting in a much better performance all over the pitch on Wednesday.

for the first goal tim howard didn't even move towards the ball until it was half way too him , and for the second by the time he moved his hands up the ball was already in the net.

Give your head a wobble, mate.

That first goal was created by the Barnsley Beckenbauer and he didn't close Ayew down for the second.

It is pathetic the way the John Stones fanboys are air brushing his role right out of this fiasco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back