Match Thread Everton v Swansea. 24th Jan at 1330.

What do you identify the Wirral as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take Moyes back at this rate. That's how far I think we've fallen. I don't think we will improve, or turn the corner under Martinez. There are too many red flags on his time here.

I think we know which season was the fluke now. I've lost faith in Martinez. When we were looking for someone to replace Moyes we wanted someone to take what we had and polish it off. Martinez has knocked down the foundations of our defensive strength in favour of expansive attacking football but it is just as counter-productive as Moyes' brand of football was. There is no balance.
This is just about exactly what most people expected when we hired Martinez.

The worst thing about the whole situation is knowing that he wont get sacked until we are in the Championship.

I don't think we are going to get relegated mate. Last season made me nervous, but despite the amount of goals we are shipping, having one of the leagues top goal scorers will see us through til the end of the season at least.

Pienaar and his ticky-tacky, fall over, produce nothing party act gets me.

Not having Besic really made a difference and although Cleverley did ok we lacked bite and quality in midfield.

I was also surprised by his taking off Oviedo who was ok in the second half.

A bad, bad result and what must Howard do to get dropped? If there had been no pen. we would have nicked a point.
yep take a fullback off for another fullback, game was crying out for another man up top.

I think now is the time to admit that this isn't going to get any better. Martinez has assembled a good bunch of players but seems incapable of getting them to win matches. Quite a paradox.

Pienaar and his ticky-tacky, fall over, produce nothing party act gets me.

Not having Besic really made a difference and although Cleverley did ok we lacked bite and quality in midfield.

I was also surprised by his taking off Oviedo who was ok in the second half.

A bad, bad result and what must Howard do to get dropped? If there had been no pen. we would have nicked a point.

so much wrong with this post.. Howard wasnt at fault today.
Cleverly was not good today.
Coleman was a good sub for oviedo. Also close to getting 2 goals..
Pienaar was very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back