Match Thread Everton v Swansea. 24th Jan at 1330.

What do you identify the Wirral as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the Stones back pass was crap but Howard hesitated and then tried to kick the ball and clattered Ayew. Just like last week. A half decent keeper would have cleared it. Howard was still favourite until he reacted so slowly. It was like an old Pathe News reel.

Pienaar and his ticky-tacky, fall over, produce nothing party act gets me.

Not having Besic really made a difference and although Cleverley did ok we lacked bite and quality in midfield.

I was also surprised by his taking off Oviedo who was ok in the second half.

A bad, bad result and what must Howard do to get dropped? If there had been no pen. we would have nicked a point.
Pinnear was excellent and was a big part of us playing so well in the second half. I think he wanted Coleman to get some time before Wednesday. He should have scored twice really. Agree about Howard

Funny when City bum us out of the cup midweek. What's the excuse for the manager then? Appalling in the league, out of the cup, shipping goals in right left and centre and no signs of stopping it. Is getting worse. Turning into a laughing stock now.

.....thought Lukaku was really off the pace, on his heels and not being positive when Deulofeu threw those fantastic crosses in. Thought Williams was MoM because he was on the winning side.
you get what you put in to a football match and lukaku lost this battle in the tunnel before the match, still a child in footballing terms.

I'm happy blaming individuals and today there were plenty. But this is a season long problem. And as such responsibility lies with the manager. And he's a failure.

ADIOS ROBERTO

This season and last season. Robertos success in his first season here does seem somewhat down to the philosophy inherited from the previous regime.

Not going to happen mate.

Roberto's building a team to last. The owners know this.

If some new owners came in who are clueless, then maybe. But not as things stand.

I've been extremely patient mate and our problems are getting worse. You call me and others clueless all you like but the performances and results are DAMNING.

WE ABSOLUTELY MUST WIN THE LEAGUE CUP. MARTINEZ'S JOB DEPENDS ON IT.
Well if that, true I think I'd rather not win the cup, I dont want him here next season. I quite like him but as a manager he's very limited and no disrespect his level was Wigan. What were we really think getting a manager from a relegated club.

Give your head a wobble, mate.

That first goal was created by the Barnsley Beckenbauer and he didn't close Ayew down for the second.

It is pathetic the way the John Stones fanboys are air brushing his role right out of this fiasco.

don't need to give my head a wobble at all. stones had his worst game in blue in that first half and yes he should have cleared it , but he didn't.
still ... watch it , howard was so slow to spot the pass back , he was caught napping. hes not sharp enough for anything more than a sub in an emergency. past it , shot it and is ruining his everton legacy with each game.

If he stays....

I think he'll have some very good offers come the end of the season, but don't think he will leave this January transfer window, which will see us safe from relegation if he can help us scrape a good handful of wins before the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back