Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton got an overturn to give an even softer penalty yesterday. Where is the consistency from these officials.

We would probablely have scored if he had waved play on as well. What a load of nonsense. He should be dropped to the lower leagues along with the VAR
This is the problem. Whatever way you look at it we got stitched up. Anyway...will watch the RS now get every refereeing decision known to man go for them

It was a classic case of Holgate intending to ‘leave one on him’. Studs up & ends up both feet off the ground when he makes contact. This day and age was completely reckless and gave the ref no choice but a red. If he had done anything at all to mitigate the studs first flying kick he would have stayed on.
Why though? Why would he do that? There was no reason to. How could he intend to leave a foot in when Hojbjerg did a move that nobody expected (ie turning his back on the challenge).

We watch these games with slow mo replays etc, it happens in a split second and people always look at the end result without taking the actual practicalities into account.

Don't get me wrong I can see WHY it's given. I'm just not convinced that the rules are right.

Ed
Agreed. That comment was embarrassing. He and Zamora are probably the worst "pundit" tandem I've seen on Astro.

He likes it on Astro because he never gets challenged for having crap comments. He’s never been on sky or bbc or talk sport as far as I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.