Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ed

He likes it on Astro because he never gets challenged for having crap comments. He’s never been on sky or bbc or talk sport as far as I can tell.
He was on Sky for a few years in the early PL days, he was one of the presenters on Soccer AM when it was a straight football show

This is the problem. Whatever way you look at it we got stitched up. Anyway...will watch the RS now get every refereeing decision known to man go for them
It was a very tight even game. You need the ref to do his job and he didn't. Its a stonewall penalty. Why is the VAR getting involved? We need answers because its unacceptable.

Richarlison just doesn't get pens because some in the media accused him of going down. We need to call out the refereeing because its nowhere near good enough and there is no consistency.

It was a very tight even game. You need the ref to do his job and he didn't. Its a stonewall penalty. Why is the VAR getting involved? We need answers because its unacceptable.

Richarlison just doesn't get pens because some in the media accused him of going down. We need to call out the refereeing because its nowhere near good enough and there is no consistency.
Annoys the hell out of me, that. He got back up, and a commentator said that's why it's not a pen, but if he stays down, he's dived. I'm still not sure, but why no advantage for a start, with their 'keeper off his line, and Richy in possession?

Annoys the hell out of me, that. He got back up, and a commentator said that's why it's not a pen, but if he stays down, he's dived. I'm still not sure, but why no advantage for a start, with their 'keeper off his line, and Richy in possession?
Because the referee is not a good referee. He disallowed that goal against United at the end 2 years ago as well then sent off Ancelotti. He's just a rubbish ref. And dont get me started on the VAR. Why was he involved??

He took down Richarlison in the process? And it's not even clear who touches the ball first. Absolutely never a 'clear and obvious error'
I'll tell you who got the ball mate Delph in the first half and then incredulously got booked for it, so for that referee to overturn the penalty was mind- boggling and demonstrated a clear bias.

Why though? Why would he do that? There was no reason to. How could he intend to leave a foot in when Hojbjerg did a move that nobody expected (ie turning his back on the challenge).

We watch these games with slow mo replays etc, it happens in a split second and people always look at the end result without taking the actual practicalities into account.

Don't get me wrong I can see WHY it's given. I'm just not convinced that the rules are right.
Same reason he put next doors no9 into row F, simply because he wanted to.
Didn’t have to imo, chose to and paid the consequences.
I wouldnt actually mind if it was a bit more snidely and he could get away with it, but that was as clear and obvious (what he was intending) as the nose on Zlatans face.
We need a bit of aggression in the squad but that imho was a red all day long

Status
Not open for further replies.