Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gots to win this. We done Arsenal who are miles better and not in disarray unlike their north London Jewish neighbours. I do fear the likes of Kane, Son, Kulusevski and Hodjberg will have a field day though - really hope I'm wrong. Need the midfield to stay resolute and give Simms plenty of chances. I'd be extremely disappointed in Dyche if he doesn't reward that goal with a start tonight

Likewise, we can go 13th: it shows how close it is in many areas of the league. My biggest worry is you'll have a new manager(ish) bounce after Conte's jettisoning.

Hopefully the players can play with a bit more freedom. I'm not overly confident but you never know which Spurs will turn up. I mean we lost 4-1 to Leicester FFS!

Gots to win this. We done Arsenal who are miles better and not in disarray unlike their north London Jewish neighbours. I do fear the likes of Kane, Son, Kulusevski and Hodjberg will have a field day though - really hope I'm wrong. Need the midfield to stay resolute and give Simms plenty of chances. I'd be extremely disappointed in Dyche if he doesn't reward that goal with a start tonight
We tend to beat Arsenal a hell of a lot more at home than we do Spurs though, Arsenal can be bullied a bit. Always struggled a fair bit against Spurs over the years.
Im not sure I'd start Simms in this, i'd rather he was given the Fulham and Palace games. Think Gray may be the better option for tonight with his pace on the break

Despite all the negativity around Spurs, this is still going to be a huge task. We cannot afford to lose this and cant afford to give them half a chance to score might be a very tight game
Yep. We can win. But any side with Kane and Son is a problem.

Alarm set for 6.30am. This is one of those rare games that I can watch live, not delayed "live".

It's oddly reassuring to know, or at least hope, that we can expect a good performance.

COYB

Hopefully the players can play with a bit more freedom. I'm not overly confident but you never know which Spurs will turn up. I mean we lost 4-1 to Leicester FFS!
Hope you bring this form to us today and get the new manager bounce form afterwards, really. lol

And as people have pointed out - feels like a heavy/important game for both teams, we can go to basically midtable and 3rd respectively, despite both teams having crap seasons. What an odd season this has been.

Alarm set for 6.30am. This is one of those rare games that I can watch live, not delayed "live".

It's oddly reassuring to know, or at least hope, that we can expect a good performance.

COYB
I hope you enjoy the game, I’m going forgetting all about our problems off the pitch and going there to cheer my team towards another three points towards safety and staying up.

Yid4life, I hope you get the points needed for the top four elsewhere and keep Liverpool out in the cold !!

I’ve been going back and forth on this one. I really want to say we will win this but I’m thinking it will end up in a draw. If offered 1 point now I’d take it no questions asked. Doubt Dyche starts Simms. Not sure this is the match to throw him into for a start. If we are down late though I’m sure he will come off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back