Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a nutshell it looked like we would score every time we went forward. You missed your DM more than we missed ours.

Everton were getting the ball forward but did very little with it in the final third.

I thought if your second disallowed goal had been allowed to stand (it was a foul on Sanchez but was very soft) then the complexion of the game would have been firmly in your favour.

Pickford on Dele was a dangerous tackle and propably warranted a card of some sort.

This was probably our best performance of the season.

Schneiderlin was woeful.
Thought Son was superb. That may or may not be because I have him in FF which was my only consolation today.

I believe in this club we are not going away but the fans, players and staff from top to bottom need to “believe” together that greatness starts within, every day.

We all have to shake off the money and the ale factor - success requires sacrifice.

Unfortunately the "same old Everton" has permeated through since the derby, there has been little/no reaction, we have a mentally weak group of players, we can complain today how different the game would have been at 2-0,however how many Blues like me had a sense of foreboding that after that decision we would be bitten on the backside big time?, to be leading 1-0 and go in 3-1 down(the third was the total killer again a goal just before the break), then concede again just after half time is in my eyes totally unprofessional,Kane for all his qualities is not the fastest,I lost count how many times there was no blue shirt anywhere near him, it's a very fine line we are on at the moment, this could really go both ways, anything less than two wins from the next three league games and the Manager could well be under pressure.........again,and it gives me no pleasure saying that as I have enjoyed the way he has at least tried to play this season.
It’s interesting that you say ‘mentally weak group of players’ because it seems to have been the same for a long, long time. Players come to Everton and always seem to show fear in derbies. Run-of-the-mill players go to the RS and play like supermen. It’s almost like the club is sick.

It’s interesting that you say ‘mentally weak group of players’ because it seems to have been the same for a long, long time. Players come to Everton and always seem to show fear in derbies. Run-of-the-mill players go to the RS and play like supermen. It’s almost like the club is sick.
That's the feeling I have mate, the malaise/underachievement has been so long now it has seeped through the pores of our actual club.

What gets me most of all is professional footballers earning thousands of pounds a week who can't even pass a ball to his own players.

It’s really tricky on a perfect playing surface moving a ball from your foot to another player. I don’t know how anyone manages it tbh. Not like in the days where the pitches were muddy battlefields, the ball was a heavy leather sponge and the boots were straight out of the mines and it was dead easy......

People are expecting immediate change in a season of transformation. There will be ups and downs, albeit this is pretty bad. Consistency comes eventually but we must be patient.
Lad this was round 18 !!! With pre season behind how many games we are talking about ? How much time you need to find first 11, it's all about confidence and consistency, we don't have any of that ant Silva is the only reason why

In a nutshell it looked like we would score every time we went forward. You missed your DM more than we missed ours.

Everton were getting the ball forward but did very little with it in the final third.

I thought if your second disallowed goal had been allowed to stand (it was a foul on Sanchez but was very soft) then the complexion of the game would have been firmly in your favour.

Pickford on Dele was a dangerous tackle and propably warranted a card of some sort.

This was probably our best performance of the season.

Schneiderlin was woeful.
To be fair, Spurs were brilliant today. Sometimes you just have to admit it. It's no consolation to us but meh, whatcha gonna do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back