Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t care how anyone excuses it, booing our own players at every given opportunity and groaning at every misplaced pass is genuinely harming our club

This always gets greeted with ‘grown men should react better’ but the point is, they don’t. It’s a joke , Koeman absolutely could not be arsed with Everton because of it , the players must drive home every game and tell their birds that our fans are crap.

They hate playing at home , they’re nervous and jittery. It absolutely stands out a mile , imagine if you was sat at your desk every day doing spreadsheets and your boss just started screaming at you when you made a mistake, it wouldn’t endear him to you at all. It’s absolutely mental behaviour.

We all slate our weird red creature cousins for acting like anything in red is the best thing in the history of mankind , but their players love playing for them, they’re top of the league and we’ve just lost 6-2 at home to Spurs. If they had our squad they would be higher in the league than we are now , not just because of ref decisions - but because they don’t actively discourage their own team.

Proper genuinely weird behaviour. Imagine booing your own players every week. The most absolutely odd thing ever.

Another cop out post blaming the supporters...just to point out never heard any booing during the game and most had left before the full time whistle...some did boo then, tho some just clapped spurs

Total and utter complete garbage. Look at the way Karius was hounded out. He made another error in pre season after the CL final and he was getting death threats.

So who do you blame?

Marco-they were faster stronger more aggressive-Silva?
The Players?
All of the above

How long...and how much...do you give him to fix it.

I literally don’t know anymore.

The club is rotten and something is seriously wrong, it runs deep.

Given our performances (not result) against Newcastle and Palace I could sense that somethings gone wrong and a hiding was around the corner

We are expecting from our team to get better week after week but what's drive me crazy is that Silvia constantly changing the first 11 , how to improve our game if you don't have yet first 11,I can not blame players yet , just sad to watch that , honestly frustrated
Not sure from day one what is that make Silva that good to be Everton manager , I am afraid that club is wasting the time
Merry Christmas guys

What's worrying me is that the slide in performance clearly reaches back to the last minute derby loss. A good manager should be able to address this kind of slide and gut punch type of defeat, anything short of 2 wins from the next 3 (Burnley and Brighton away + Leicester at home) isn't really acceptable.

Also, I hate to say it but damage limitation at 1-4 was probably a better idea given the crowded fixture list.

I feared when Silva went 3 centres at the back to accommodate Mina confusion would ensue, conceding 6 at the back is the result, factor the high pressing it's easy to put under pressure very quickly..

We were starting to show solidity with mina partnering Keane. As soon as he shuffled the pack and I think he brought in Zouma for Keane for the Newcastle game? Its all gone downhill. Especially the last two when he hasn't played mina and Keane as a two. Needs to get back to that and stick with it.

I don’t trust Pickford either. I don’t think he’ll ever change, he’ll alwaus have that crazy streak in him.
As for us today in general, as soon as that equaliser went in we were all over the shop. I think we missed Gana but also that Davies was a replacement who was miles and miles below what Gana ultimately brings to the team.

Absolutely atrocious today.

...i’m on record as suggesting Beningame is the best like-for-like back up for Gueye but McCarthy must also be worthy of consideration.

1-0 up, crowd up for it. Spurs reeling then 2-0 and the useless new referee disallows a perfectly good goal. Pickford and Zouma cock it up and that was that when a far better set of players took control from then onwards. Some of their goals were superb. The booing at half time was richly deserved by another poor referee who cost us with that decision. The fella in front of me even booed him as he came on for the second half. That clot left half an hour before the end as did some others. Can't stand so called fans leaving very early or even early at all. Saw lots of them scuttling back when City got their fluke second against Palace the other day.

hes got the year and it looks like he knows it !
I'd be happier if it actually looked like he knows what he's doing.
Im starting to think that Moshiri...£250M in the hole and counting...may rue the day he let BPB talk him in to all this...it's his own fault though, he could've said No, he had a choice, We Don't

We have absolutely capitulated as as team in the last few weeks.

This hangover exceuse from the Liverpool game is wank - we are a team of individuals and until we are a team that plays through good and bad results with utter professionalism and for each other with desire nothing can be achieved.

It,s only 3 points but we need to try and die as a team - it,s clear we have passengers and wannabe fake leaders on the pitch looking to everyone else to get the job done.

Funny how you can see a game differently from someone else. I came away and said the one highlight of our performance was Davies, a player who frankly I have had little time for in the past. The fella I said it to gave his opinion that Davies was abysmal.

Status
Not open for further replies.