Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Team without Deulofeu, Lukaku and Mirallas:

Howard

Coleman Stones Jagielka Baines

Barkley McCarthy Barry Cleverley

McAleny Kone

I thought them Watfordians were meant to have a good sense of humour.
In fairness to them I just had a read and loads of them took it for what it is - utter try too hard tripe.

More Watford fans took it in the right spirit than other forums who pick up on it so they've impressed me and will get nice things said about them for the return fixture. I hope they stay up now, well unless their fans are too zany in the ground tomorrow.

Is it too much to expect an away section to just turn up and enjoy the game without scouse #BANTZ and the usual Soccer AM orchestra?

Nice 1 chico I've missed your previews mate.a bit of positivity amongst the fume doom merchants . Can't wait for the game.the sun will be shining.a promoted team coming to goodison pumped up and hopefully the crowd getting behind the team. A narrow 2 1 win for us with cleverly getting the winner

any chance martinez might give mcaleny a chance with a lot of our attackers missing?

he had confidence to start barkley away to norwich a few seasons ago. like mcaleny he'd shown flashes of promise in pre season but wasnt played as much as you might think.

think we really could do with someone fresh, confident and fearless to give us a spark going into the first game. if our four attackers (assuming barry and mccarthy are holding) are cleverly, naismith, osman and kone then we are not going to have any threat up front

sure Martinez said Lukaku and Mirallas will be fine for tomorrow last week?

Regardless, can't see us winning tomorrow, certainly not if Osman is behind Kone with Cleverly and Barkley out wide.

If Lukaku doesn't start I reckon Naismith will get the nod to play up top. Cleverley left, Mirallas right and either Osman or Barkley central. The rest of the team picks itself.

Can we just get behind the team tomorrow folks and if its 0-0 after half an hour continue getting behind them.
They are going to be scruffy crystal palace ultra wannabe's singing your generic championship songs, wouldn't be surprised if they had a drum,
So we need to roar the team on, when we are up for it we are great and intimidating to the opposition!
When we are on the teams back it is such an advantage to the opposition (Barkley is a perfect example of this)
More Pyro please, lets see our fans 2013/14 season and not 2014/15 season and maybe we will get that 2013/14 team back

Team without Deulofeu, Lukaku and Mirallas:

Howard

Coleman Stones Jagielka Baines

Barkley McCarthy Barry Cleverley

McAleny Kone

I can't see him playing Mcaleny over Osman/Naismith, I'd love him too but I think he'll be too cautious for the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back