Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see him playing Mcaleny over Osman/Naismith, I'd love him too but I think he'll be too cautious for the first game.
I agree. McAleny was my preferred choice, but RM will go with Naismith and thereby underline just what a mess we are in up front.

I'm still hoping against hope Lukaku is ok (and Mirallas too) and this is all worst case scenario stuff.

"Everton should just have enough to get the win, in what is a must-win game for the Toffees." - Paul Merson

A must win game? He talks serious amounts of brown.
The feller's a fool. Every single time he comes up with the same analysis of us playing too square and slow, even when it's not happening.

A lazy arse picking up hundreds of thousands for being thick.

The feller's a fool. Every single time he comes up with the same analysis of us playing too square and slow, even when it's not happening.

A lazy arse picking up hundreds of thousands for being thick.

"I worry about Everton this year. The situation surrounding John Stones – will he, won’t he be there? – coupled with run of tough games they’ve got at the start of the season makes this a must-win game."

He's a joke really, literally thick as fck. I have no idea how Sky have him employed still, really doesn't know what he's talking about half of the time and is so unintelligent, especially saying as he was an ex pro.

It is a must-win though, isn't it? If we lose this, the crowd will be grumbling all over the show ahead of a nightmare run. Confidence is vital if we are to survive the early months of the season.

Stones first goal for me. Just need Kone to shoot straight from kick off and hits the left back and goes out for corner.Stones first goal, its all set up for it. Kisses badge etc.

"Everton should just have enough to get the win, in what is a must-win game for the Toffees." - Paul Merson

A must win game? He talks serious amounts of brown.

You know, I tend to agree with him to an extent.

This is the only "banker" fixture we have in the opening three months of the season......easily the most "winnable" game until Sunderland come here in November.

If we don't win tomorrow, on top of all the Stones rigmarole which still has another three and a bit weeks to run, morale among the fans will take a massive hit.

No, I do feel we need all three points tomorrow, I really do.

You know, I tend to agree with him to an extent.

This is the only "banker" fixture we have in the opening three months of the season......easily the most "winnable" game until Sunderland come here in November.

If we don't win tomorrow, on top of all the Stones rigmarole which still has another three and a bit weeks to run, morale among the fans will take a massive hit.

No, I do feel we need all three points tomorrow, I really do.

No game in the Premier League is a banker though mate. Very tongue in cheek to think that this is a must win.

No game in the Premier League is a banker though mate. Very tongue in cheek to think that this is a must win.

Which is precisely why I put the word banker in quotation marks, to indicate irony.

Not a "banker" of course it's not......but it is the only fixture we have between now and November where I would make us favourites.

If we fail to win tomorrow then I for one forsee a rocky late summer/early autumn for us.

We have Saints away next week the Citeh at home and then United, I think after that.

Then Spurs and the RS coming down the pike.

Blimey......the more I think about it this really is a vital game for us.

Sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back