Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oviedo has looked very very rusty in pre season, expected really seeing the lack of football he has had. not too disappointed to see Galloway, Bry will grow into the season like he always does.

Looks like we've set up to start fairly defensively, with Deeney up front on his own. I can see Vydra or Ighalo making an appearance as legs tire...

its a shame Baines is injured but nice to see the managers faith in the youthful Galloway.

Should do these by a few goals today I reckon. 3-1 with a Lukaku brace. COYB

Two defensive midfielders. At home. Against Watford. The master tactician has learned a lot it seems..

Bet they don't actually play as defensive midfielders though. McCarthy and Barry will take turns moving up the pitch/covering for the other one but in the main i'd guess it will be McCarthy playing higher up like the end of last season.

Plus with an inexperienced left back i'd assume Cleverly will play wide left mid as he will offer more defensive cover and experience than Barkley or Mirallas.

Best team we could have expected under the circumstances really. I'd expect us to have a lot of the ball so hope one of the front four have a good day and find a breakthrough.

Shouldn't be playing two defensive mids at home to Watford, but then I'm happy with the front 4 and I'd rather see Barry on the pitch than Osman or Naismith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back