Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sending Garbutt out on loan looks a bit silly now really, especially when he looked every bit as good as Baines, who to be fair had a really poor season last term.
He's injured anyway too although if possible I would recall him. I really fear this could be longer than 12 weeks since it's the same ankle.

I'm not too enamoured with the starting line up, only one winger.

Hopefully Mcelny will come on for Barry at some stage, I imagine Watford will come and be tough to break down.

We need 2 DM's to help Galloway out at lb. that's my 2 cents
Barry has been good in pre-season. At the start of last season I thought he looked unfit but this pre-season he's been one of our better players.

We will still be strong if we can get Shakiri in and move Barkley back but for now this is his best team excluding Baines.

We need to be patient today. Watford will be playing on adrenaline and will most likely be set up to be hard to break down. We need to get on the ball and move it around quickly, tire them out and gaps will start appearing.

As good an 11 as we could send out and should be good enough to beat these. (Should!)

The bench shows how short we are though, need a few in to take the pressure off our hamstrings!

Well at least Lukaku and Mirallas are fit to start. The alternative doesn't bear thinking about.

Galloway knows he is going to get a few games now so hopefully he impresses.

It will be interesting to see where Cleverley ends up - not sure about him in wide areas but maybe there is no choice.

Bench looks weak though.

Well at least Lukaku and Mirallas are fit to start. The alternative doesn't bear thinking about.

Galloway knows he is going to get a few games now so hopefully he impresses.

It will be interesting to see where Cleverley ends up - not sure about him in wide areas but maybe there is no choice.

Bench looks weak though.
I'm not really worried about the bench. We know we are in a minor injury crisis so I'm just glad he could field a decent first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back