Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton v West Ham. 22nd Nov at 15.00.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 149 76.0%
  • West Ham

Votes: 13 6.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 34 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Moyes had picked Hibbo left back instead of Garbutt he would be getting slated and rightly so, we have a young promising left back who is regarded as the best in his position in the country for Under 21's and he get's overlooked for a veteran 30 something right back. It goes against everything Martinez talk's about regarding his faith in young player's. Very disappointed with the selection but as long as we get 3 point's it doesn't really matter. If not then Martinez will get flak and rightly so.

He defo does not think anyone other than an exceptional talent should get game time who's around 18-21. He's stated it often enough that he sees those players as needing more development (not 1st team play), and wants an Everton B to be playing in the minor leagues to provide that.

That's overly cautious.

sorry we play exactly the same formation as we did with moyes, so you can take that off your sarcastic remark.

Martinez plays football on the floor that's about the only difference. He's just as boring as Moyes in terms of the football.

And picking over the hill crappy footballers in stead of our decent up and coming players is EXACTLY like Moyes.

I know mate! He also puts 11 players out each week EXACTLY like Moyes used to. And makes them play at Goodison for half their league games.

Everton are a different side under Martinez. He kept some of what worked, as it'd be ridiculous not to. As for picking 'over the hill' footballers? Who has he picked that he shouldn't? The only debatable one I'd say is Besic/Osman. Just because we play a fluid formation that can sometimes be 4-5-1 doesn't mean it's exactly the same.

Surely Barkley is starting in the middle? My mind would not be ready to accept Osman over Besic in the middle. Either way, COYB

Expected a better player(mcarthy mould) have your expectations been matched?
I haven't expected him to play that much at the start of the season tbh. I know what he's capable of but expected just sub times for him this year. He "wasted" 2 years at Hungary, surely needs at least 1/2 yr to build himself up to PL level, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back