Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v West Ham. 5th March at 1500.

What do you think should be Saturday's objective?

• Three points for the royal blues

Votes: 186 49.9%
  • Lay down a performance that shows we are progressing

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • Sign Willy Caballero

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • HURT PAYET

Votes: 140 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We thought he'd learnt it taking Wigan down. This now just looks like a serial offender.........

Yep I like Martinez but I love the club more and he got to get the defensive basics right, this is not a one off, its happening to many times now. We pass the ball and pass but don't do this when we need to see games out. His subs were so and today, well laughable.

I don't like getting on Martinez's back when we play such good attacking football but there's something seriously wrong with his game management. In this league you get punished week in week out if all you do is attack as is being proven this season. Great games to watch though if you don't support us.

Behave, this was nothing to do with stones. Our players have no bottle, bottle and character comes from the manager and Martinez keeps failing in this. This is a massive flaw in Martinez and we just want to see signs that he is learning from this.
I never said it was stones fault, he just seems to be a bad Oman at the moment when he was out of the side completely we were better, I know it's just a coincidence. As for Martinez his sides could never defend and it hasn't changed since coming here.

The only substitution Martinez got right was bringing on Besic for Stones. All i need now to round off my day is for that yellow-headed felt cat to come on and tell me that Roberto is cool and everything is going to be alright.

well done everton,another 1st we conceeded supposedly,west ham came from 2 down to win a game for 1st time in 16 years supposedly,out does our conceeding a goal to someone not scoring for weeks/months,a few years etc

We´re just too focused on attack, and the players have too little discipline. We´re Arsenal of 6-7 years ago playing champagne football and scoring for fun when it suits us and turning into petulant kids as soon as the pressure is on.

Exactly this.

....fume. Two points for me that are not said in hindsight because I've mentioned before;

- we can't manage games. Our game management and team organisation is dreadful - the manager and coaches.
- penalties, Lukaku was a mistake waiting to happen. 14st and 6ft 2in yet he doesn't put his foot through the ball. If I'm in charge he's told to not be fancy and put his weight behind the ball. It cost us today.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back