Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v West Ham. 5th March at 1500.

What do you think should be Saturday's objective?

• Three points for the royal blues

Votes: 186 49.9%
  • Lay down a performance that shows we are progressing

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • Sign Willy Caballero

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • HURT PAYET

Votes: 140 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst bit is that you knew it was coming after Lukaku missed the pen.

Boss football which deserved 3 points but no mental strength or resilience to back it up.

A recipe for mid-table obscurity.

I want to love roberto and see him do well but he is just out of his depth. He will probably be given one more season after this to turn it around solely due to his first season being so good. He just cant sort out our defence, a defence that under moyes was almost unbeatable.

Today just sums up the past 2 seasons.

Is anyone really arsed at this stage? Roll on next season... Hopefully with a new manager and some new defenders

You are correct, we were the worst in the league earlier this season letting goals in from crosses, but the last 2 months our defending has been good, then that today out the blue.
I won't rank it as good, more decent, and a somewhat easy set of fixtures. We only showed actually good defending against City in the first game, for the whole game, and at random times in a few games. Most the time it's anus clenching time whenever a cross comes in, and someone ends up having to make last ditch tackles if it's not a cross, as we're just useless at closing down and stand off everyone and their nan.

To be honest I'm not even mad. As soon as they scored I knew they would go on to win. Good crosses from them, that's why they are higher than us.

Just it's expected now, we can't hold leads against anyone half decent. We aren't getting anywhere with this no matter how many goals we score.

Good post mate. You are 100% spot on.

I'm an honest fence sitter when it comes to Everton but Martinez in or out I can see exactly what you can, and it's a bit bloody odd, the whole thing.

When we hired Martinez the biggest worry for me was the form Wigan showed in the league when they got relegated. I read somewhere that 19 goals they had conceded were down to individual errors. 19 goals..!! That's pretty serious and it's similar to what we are seeing here.
Except we're in a worse position right now - 19 games with the lead lost, from 1 or 2:0 up. Absolutely ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back