Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v West Ham. 5th March at 1500.

What do you think should be Saturday's objective?

• Three points for the royal blues

Votes: 186 49.9%
  • Lay down a performance that shows we are progressing

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • Sign Willy Caballero

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • HURT PAYET

Votes: 140 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All you evertonians that have witnessed us only conceding a couple of goals in our last few games and we start getting the call's for Kev. Well here you are enjoy your weekends. Orly with your agenda against Cleverley! look at our left side again today. Let's fill our side with complete defensive liability's so we can fume later.

Bilic changed his tactics in the second half and just launched long balls at us and it worked for every goal. We had no answer to it and didn't even bother to try and get one

For 75 minutes we were great imo. Mirallas has a lot to answer for for 2 very stupid bookings. Very good goal in the first half and we made the change I wanted to see at half time. I wasn't happy with the amount of space they were getting around our box but we were defending the box very well.

Lukaku. Simply has to score. 2 golden chances, terrible penalty needed to lift the 1 on 1 over the keeper.

Suddenly Lennon goes off and we go to pot. Wrong decision to take him off and then complete capitulation. All the hard work we put in hasbeen completely undone.

Fuming here

Bring in some youngsters to finish out the season. At least you can gauge their progress and see who might be ready for some time next season.

Was looking forward to a good weekend and then Everton do this.

Thing is, I am not in the least bit fuming. When Lukaku missed the penalty, I just knew we were going to blow it. There is a massively soft underbelly to our team. We flatter to deceive. I have said for months that Roberto Martinez is a snake oil salesman. In my professional career, as owner of businesses, I have had many, many employees. Believe me when I say that I quickly recognise people who are not up to a given task.
It's nothing personal Mr Martinez...
... but the buck stops with you...

Bournemouth away
Palace home
Norwich away
Stoke home
Chelsea away
West ham home
Swansea home

All games where we have dropped points that we're there for the taking. There's easily 20 points dropped there

Absolute joke. Absolutely fed up of this

And guess where those 20 points would take us...... top of the league.

Yep I like Martinez but I love the club more and he got to get the defensive basics right, this is not a one off, its happening to many times now. We pass the ball and pass but don't do this when we need to see games out. His subs were so and today, well laughable.

2 out of the 3 were, Besic for Stones was the right call and looked like it had worked a treat.

This tombola/raffle/short straw system he's got for choosing substitutions has to go, it's clearly not working out.

His penalty technique has never looked the best has it Eggs and it's obviously something no one has had a word with him about.

Not too sure how many times in one season alone people are going to persist with defending Martinez and the lack of tactical nous shown in the vast majority of games.

Sorry this was meant for @Eggs regarding Roms penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back