Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v West Ham. 5th March at 1500.

What do you think should be Saturday's objective?

• Three points for the royal blues

Votes: 186 49.9%
  • Lay down a performance that shows we are progressing

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • Sign Willy Caballero

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • HURT PAYET

Votes: 140 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stutter and you miss a penalty. Crap defending and not closing down crosses,which we can't defend.
I assume Dennis Lawrence is the defensive coach , totally out of his depth.

How many winning positions have we thrown away now this season? I've lost count. Same old [Poor language removed], different day.
ha 2 many lol,2 up today=lose,2 goals ahead at chelsea and draw somehow,same at bourenmouth,we lost a 2 goal lead v sunderland but won,add to that all the late goals and wins we would have ,that we lose late on

I'm gutted with the result.
But I was really proud and impressed with the way we played tonight. To be with ten after half an hour and to then actually dominate the game until the 2-1 is a great performance. The fighting spirit and the playing around of the ball was so nice to see.
That's why the disappointment now is so immense. because we were better than them with one player less.

I thought Lukaku was impressive (his hold up pplay off the ball seconds before Lennon's goal!), but he should have either kicked the penalty (instead off passing it to the keeper) or he should have left it to someone else who was perhaps less tired?

It wasnt tiredness, it is all the rage now to wait for the keeper and make it look easy. I cant stand it, you as an attacker majorly have the advantage yet you gift it to the keeper because youre not going for power you are trying to second guess him, hence if the keeper guesses right he is more likely to save it than if you put your laces through it and he guesses right.

time to start blaming the Ref,lukaku,mirallas,the subs,etc lol

Nope.

The ref messed up for Kev's first booking but it happened so Mirallas was stupid.

Lukaku should have slammed home that penalty instead of trying to be clever. That's on him.

Martinez was ridiculous to take off Lennon and bring on Niasse. Simple as that. Our weakness is crosses so why oh why did he replace our best player who had the pace to get across and stop those crosses with a striker at 2-0 up.

Stupid. It's cost us. I won't defend him as I said I wouldn't if he clearly messed up.

Massive now that he recovers and if not then I do feel he may go.

It hasn't swayed me towards wanting him gone per-say, but I totally accept that he's brought it on himself today.

It'd be easy to hammer Mirallas - stupidly turning gangster with the bookings again after his good game v Villa. Itd be easy to have a word with Lukaku for his miss. But we were still 2-0 up with 10 men and thats where the game was lost. Substituting Aaron Lennon who had another great attacking game was a disaster - denying the other 9 men a teammate who gives us so much more than his forward play in chasing and harrying back surely vital moreso with a man sent off ? It wasn't Niasse's time. It wasn't any forwards time never mind a new signing. It was time - at 2-0 up - to consolidate, make the most of our advantage...batten down the hatches and get the three points. Nah. Disgraceful.

Nope.

The ref messed up for Kev's first booking but it happened so Mirallas was stupid.

Lukaku should have slammed home that penalty instead of trying to be clever. That's on him.

Martinez was ridiculous to take off Lennon and bring on Niasse. Simple as that. Our weakness is crosses so why oh why did he replace our best player who had the pace to get across and stop those crosses with a striker at 2-0 up.

Stupid. It's cost us. I won't defend him as I said I wouldn't if he clearly messed up.

Massive now that he recovers and if not then I do feel he may go.

It hasn't swayed me towards wanting him gone per-say, but I totally accept that he's brought it on himself today.
he dived,if caught,its a yellow,so didnt mess up for me,got both yellows right

he dived,if caught,its a yellow,so didnt mess up for me,got both yellows right

You see them given as fouls all the time and, if not, then it rarely gets put as simulation and nothing is given. Taylor loves his cards too much but Kev shouldn't have dived in for his second.

Except we're in a worse position right now - 19 games with the lead lost, from 1 or 2:0 up. Absolutely ridiculous.

Thats basically all the games we have drawn or lost numbers wise.

Just think where we'd be if we'd not lost the lead in those games.

If I was manager with this kind of problem, I would have dedicated all resources with immediate effect to addressing the problem a long time ago. If I was still failing then it has to be either the players (that I pick) or me.

I mean that is obviously going on already as what do I know about football. Isn't it?

Please bear in mind the players in question are experienced international players. So what is going on?

Martinez is not doing his reputation as a manager any favours here.

Anybody who stops on their run up when taking a penalty should never be allowed near them again EVER.
Lukaku always dues that and usually scores - the fact the keeper is stood on his six yard line when he saves it it was a gift of of a pen should have been scored end of cost us big time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back