Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v West Ham. 5th March at 1500.

What do you think should be Saturday's objective?

• Three points for the royal blues

Votes: 186 49.9%
  • Lay down a performance that shows we are progressing

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • Sign Willy Caballero

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • HURT PAYET

Votes: 140 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
he dived,if caught,its a yellow,so didnt mess up for me,got both yellows right

Kev's a div but neither of those were yellow cards. It wasn't a clear dive and to send someone off for their first mistimed tackle (not dangerous or cynical) of the game is ridiculous. He is a horrible horrible ref.

Who's to blame?
10% Mirallas for being a [Poor language removed].
10% Lukaku for trying to be too smart with the pen.
40% our shocking defence who are bad.
40% Martinez for not having a clue.

The only thing that can save Martinez now is that he learns from his mistakes and gets the defence right in the remaining games of the season. By this, i actually mean midfield tactical play, because our defence is actually pretty good and most of the goals we concede come from midfield blunders. On past form this is unlikely, and so he must go. He made one good substitution and two awful ones. 2-0 up was not the time to showboat Niasse when we were a man down and it meant taking off one of our greatest threats. And bringing off Lukaku at the end: what was that about? It came across as a realisation that bringing on a striker for a midfielder was a mistake and trying to compensate. That substitution was criminal. But let's keep it in context though, because it was a defensive gambit and many on here have slagged Martinez off for not caring about defensive play.

Barkley has stepped up this season. But now he needs to step up further and sharpen his decision making. Too much possession conceded by ponderous play; too many opportunities in front of goal lost from bad decisions. He still has a long way to go to being a class act imo.

Your job is on the line now Roberto. Even i am turning against you after this. Dreadful substitutions combined with Mirallas's indiscretion cost us three points.

Agree about his job. He's got a lot of work to do now. If he messes up next week and we get hammered, or against Arsenal, feel something may have to be done.

Still feel the best point to do it would be the summer though.

Ti put it into comparison

We are 10 points better than we were last season with 3 more wins. But we have let slip about 20 points

I don't think with no Europa league that that's a good enough return. We could go on a run like we did last season but the top half is far more congested and we will be lucky to get top half at this rate let alone europe

I have also aged about 20 years this season

Who's to blame?

That can't be right, he got sent off with an hour to go! Just on the bare facts, without the way the game went, if you get sent off with a 1-0 lead and an hour to go and your team loses, you take 75% of the blame.

Who's to blame?

20% Kev/ref decision
30% Rom misses (mainly the casual manner in which he took the pen)
50% taking Lennon off

and that's from somebody who has defended RM firmly. For the first 75 minutes, he showed how good he is capable of being as a manger. For the last 15, he showed how bad he can be.

Ti put it into comparison

We are 10 points better than we were last season with 3 more wins. But we have let slip about 20 points

I don't think with no Europa league that that's a good enough return. We could go on a run like we did last season but the top half is far more congested and we will be lucky to get top half at this rate let alone europe

I have also aged about 20 years this season

I told my dad we were in for 4-3 every week with Martinez and we should enjoy the ride. But I forgot I don't like rollercoasters, I want to get off :eek:

They have to get him to compete with Pep. That entire club is marketing. That side of it needs a big name like Mou.

Even if he doesn't end up at United, I don't think he'd come here at this point in the season.

Even with a new billionaire, a project, players he has coveted like Barkley and Stones, a Chelsea fa cup quarter and a rivalry against Klopp. I hope you are proved wrong!

wonder where we'd be if games only lasted 80 minutes ! couldnt be less useful in the last 10 if they all walked off the pitch ! we just capitulate !

That can't be right, he got sent off with an hour to go! Just on the bare facts, without the way the game went, if you get sent off with a 1-0 lead and an hour to go and your team loses, you take 75% of the blame.
And if we had 11 men for the last hour of the match?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back