Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v West Ham. 5th March at 1500.

What do you think should be Saturday's objective?

• Three points for the royal blues

Votes: 186 49.9%
  • Lay down a performance that shows we are progressing

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • Sign Willy Caballero

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • HURT PAYET

Votes: 140 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that can save Martinez now is that he learns from his mistakes and gets the defence right in the remaining games of the season. By this, i actually mean midfield tactical play, because our defence is actually pretty good and most of the goals we concede come from midfield blunders. On past form this is unlikely, and so he must go. He made one good substitution and two awful ones. 2-0 up was not the time to showboat Niasse when we were a man down and it meant taking off one of our greatest threats. And bringing off Lukaku at the end: what was that about? It came across as a realisation that bringing on a striker for a midfielder was a mistake and trying to compensate. That substitution was criminal. But let's keep it in context though, because it was a defensive gambit and many on here have slagged Martinez off for not caring about defensive play.

Barkley has stepped up this season. But now he needs to step up further and sharpen his decision making. Too much possession conceded by ponderous play; too many opportunities in front of goal lost from bad decisions. He still has a long way to go to being a class act imo.
What makes you think Martinez will learn from his mistakes. Have you seen how many times this season we have failed to hold onto leads? Saying that miralles and lukaku where equally to blame today. New owner and new manager needed for next season.

Even with a new billionaire, a project, players he has coveted like Barkley and Stones, a Chelsea fa cup quarter and a rivalry against Klopp. I hope you are proved wrong!

I'd be extremely surprised if RM went this week and we got Mourinho.... who would demand £250k a week to come to a club in 11th place and a squad now devoid of confidence because of a mad 15 minutes from the players on the pitch and the manager.

And if we had 11 men for the last hour of the match?
If you're 1-0 up at home with 11 players against a team that had a hard game midweek and whose best central defender is injured you should win. Because we were down to 10 men they played with 1 fewer centre back and put an extra striker on, it made a totally different game.

First of all, we should have won that, Lukaku can't justify missing both the penalty and the chance afterwards, he just can't. So we should be up 3-0 at least, when Niasse came on, but why did that happen.

The change at half time, with Besic coming on was spot on from Martinez, absolutely perfect. But bringing on Niasse instead of Lennon at the stage when he did.... Niasse was probably told to run around in the space behind Lukaku, but he just seemed to be like, i don't really know, and broke the shape really. Why not bring Barry on instead, and then push Barkley further up. If Barry was fit enough for the bench and the last 5-7 minutes, surely he was fit enough for the last 15 as well...

And then the goals they scored. When do they bloody learn, FFS, how many times do we have to make the same mistakes, it's been like this all season for crying out loud. I mean the first goal, Mori, don't get in front of your man like that!

I'm so disappointed and i don't even know who or what to blame, the universe, Everton, Martines, Mirallas, Lukaku, Mori and Jags or Farhad Moshiri? :(

The worst part is almost, we did so many things right, and controlled the game so well for so long, even a man down, and then just pissed it all away. Everton thank you <3

That can't be right, he got sent off with an hour to go! Just on the bare facts, without the way the game went, if you get sent off with a 1-0 lead and an hour to go and your team loses, you take 75% of the blame.

Ultimately not in this case.

We looked great even with 10 men and it changed our tactics very little all in all.

Martinez doesn't make that change to take Lennon off, and I reckon we see it out.

It's like the Bournemouth game when McCarthy went off injured. That one was forced, Martinez did it to himself today!

Also, a shout out to Besic and McCarthy today who were both excellent. Definitely the way to go in home games I feel, as good as Barry has been this season.

Defensive collapse 100% blame. Rom second half was sad. So there you have it. Default switch for bad game wasn't even on the pitch. Totally gutted. Fitness seems to raise its ugly head in the last 10 to 15 minutes of every game. How could Martinez take Lennon off? It just defies all logic. We are sad sacks at home. Players have to be held accountable for this one.

Ultimately not in this case.

We looked great even with 10 men and it changed our tactics very little all in all.

Martinez doesn't make that change to take Lennon off, and I reckon we see it out.

It's like the Bournemouth game when McCarthy went off injured. That one was forced, Martinez did it to himself today!
He did make the change though and thats the point.
Conceding 3 goals again in 10 minutes.
He has not got a clue about game management

Defensive collapse 100% blame. Rom second half was sad. So there you have it. Default switch for bad game wasn't even on the pitch. Totally gutted. Fitness seems to raise its ugly head in the last 10 to 15 minutes of every game. How could Martinez take Lennon off? It just defies all logic. We are sad sacks at home. Players have to be held accountable for this one.

Fortress Goodison has become a free-for-all bazaar.

What makes you think Martinez will learn from his mistakes. Have you seen how many times this season we have failed to hold onto leads? Saying that miralles and lukaku where equally to blame today. New owner and new manager needed for next season.

Read my third sentence mate. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back