Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v West Ham. 5th March at 1500.

What do you think should be Saturday's objective?

• Three points for the royal blues

Votes: 186 49.9%
  • Lay down a performance that shows we are progressing

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • Sign Willy Caballero

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • HURT PAYET

Votes: 140 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
58omn.jpg

In fairness to Mirallas he wasted no time in committing penalties.

End of the day we've seen the brilliant and the bad in Martinez today. Brilliant in that we went down to 10 men and were the better team and were tearing them to shreds at times. The bad in that he doesn't know when to shut up shop and protect the hard earned lead. Shocking subs.

He tried to for the draw and we still lost

Lukaku always dues that and usually scores - the fact the keeper is stood on his six yard line when he saves it it was a gift of of a pen should have been scored end of cost us big time!

....he might score the next few but I'm not a fan of the way Lukaku takes penalties. He's got a kick like a mule and I can't understand why he tries to be fancy.

....he might score the next few but I'm not a fan of the way Lukaku takes penalties. He's got a kick like a mule and I can't understand why he tries to be fancy.
Ross. Barkley should have taken it IMO - Lukarku always stops on his run up been Sussed out today awful pen anyway!

well articulated post mate. Next season we will be a LOT better...given the proviso that we have a new manager. Roberto Martinez is just not up to the task at this level. That there remain Evertonians who subsist with mentality/belief that he does, quite frankly astounds me. I am not a fan of 'the cult' vs 'the plotters' polarisation....but I am a fan of common sense.
....having said that, the next president of US is either Donald Trump or Hilary Clinton...
...I give up

Haha lovely bit with the presidency xD

But back to Martinez and Everton, i'm really sad for Martinez, because i would love for him to succeed, i know most of us probably wants, as we all just wants what is best for Everton.

But i actually like him, i like his philosophy, the way he wants to play football, and he really seems to me like a top guy and person as well, unfortunately he just, as much as i hate to admit it, just don't seem like a top manager...

Still hope he proves me wrong but i find it hard to believe... :/

Nope.

The ref messed up for Kev's first booking but it happened so Mirallas was stupid.

Lukaku should have slammed home that penalty instead of trying to be clever. That's on him.

Martinez was ridiculous to take off Lennon and bring on Niasse. Simple as that. Our weakness is crosses so why oh why did he replace our best player who had the pace to get across and stop those crosses with a striker at 2-0 up.

Stupid. It's cost us. I won't defend him as I said I wouldn't if he clearly messed up.

Massive now that he recovers and if not then I do feel he may go.

It hasn't swayed me towards wanting him gone per-say, but I totally accept that he's brought it on himself today.

I love this forum and respect every post whether I agree or not.

I have to ask at this stage why you remain in the Martinez camp. What do you feel he will do different defensively that he hasn't done in the last eight seasons?

Ross. Barkley should have taken it IMO - Lukarku always stops on his run up been Sussed out today awful pen anyway!

.....I like the CF taking pens and Lukaku's record is probably very good but he was an accident waiting to happen. As much as you can blame him I can't understand why the coaches haven't taken him to one side and told him to hit the corners with pace.

....when we were 2-0 up I thought a draw would be dreadful and a defeat would be catastrophic. I can't say I'm totally surprised it was the latter.

Its hard to take this one because ultimately we played so well. After that penalty miss you just knew something terrible was to follow. There was an inevitability about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back