Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v West Ham. 5th March at 1500.

What do you think should be Saturday's objective?

• Three points for the royal blues

Votes: 186 49.9%
  • Lay down a performance that shows we are progressing

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • Sign Willy Caballero

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • HURT PAYET

Votes: 140 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
.....I like the CF taking pens and Lukaku's record is probably very good but he was an accident waiting to happen. As much as you can blame him I can't understand why the coaches haven't taken him to one side and told him to hit the corners with pace.
Have you not noticed Lukakus stuttered run up ever time waits for the keeper to move - well he threw his cap on that attempt today - Lukaku scored a great first goal made the 2 Nd - his passing overall today was wayward but you do not sub your most potent threat, or take your all over the place winger off either bad mistakes by RM in his subs yet again lmo!

Have you not noticed Lukakus stuttered run up ever time waits for the keeper to move - well he threw his cap on that attempt today - Lukaku scored a great first goal made the 2 Nd - his passing overall today was wayward but you do not sub your most potent threat, or take your all over the place winger off either bad mistakes by RM in his subs yet again lmo!

....Lukaku is probably our most important player but it doesn't mean the coaches shouldn't tell him to put his foot through penalties. At the end of the day he's accountable.

Haha lovely bit with the presidency xD

But back to Martinez and Everton, i'm really sad for Martinez, because i would love for him to succeed, i know most of us probably wants, as we all just wants what is best for Everton.

But i actually like him, i like his philosophy, the way he wants to play football, and he really seems to me like a top guy and person as well, unfortunately he just, as much as i hate to admit it, just don't seem like a top manager...

Still hope he proves me wrong but i find it hard to believe... :/
I was initially very happy with his appointment, I thought he had an 'x factor'. Not many people pull the wool over my eyes, but he did.

Good god. We must have a pretty good manager already or there must be someone else very good out there that you'd be willing to turn down one of the best managers in the history of football.

He was really great with Porto and Inter. But with Chelsea and Madrid he just bought players for ridiculous amounts of money. And played really defensively most of the times. Guardiola f.e. also trained some of the most expensive and greatest players, but he actually made them play even better and more offensively than before.

I'm not saying I'd prefer Martinez or that we've had great managers. Just that I'm not a big fan of Mourinho and his style of playing, which is really defensively. (I wouldn't mind if he'd come to take the job of defense coach, but I doubt he'd do that)

Completely ran out of steam when they equalised. Hard to blame an individual other than Mirallas, completely silly.

I love this forum and respect every post whether I agree or not.

I have to ask at this stage why you remain in the Martinez camp. What do you feel he will do different defensively that he hasn't done in the last eight seasons?

I'm not turning yet mate because he shows great things that he can do - e.g. our attacking play, the tactics he showed in the first 75 today.

That's why I've been sticking by him and because since the turn of the year I think he's clearly looked to improve his weaknesses and make changes.

Today, he threw all that progress away with that sub and I won't defend him for that.

If we lose next week or against Arsenal, then I wouldn't be surprised he went, though I still don't think there is anyone currently available who would come in and definitely improve us.

As I said, it's not the defeat that's applied the pressure for me - it's the fact he brought it on us with that change after he had done so well in the first 75 mins.

My thought is still, see how the season ends and then reassess. If we go on a run that we looked to be building towards only to f up again, he gets more time (or if he wins the cup).

If not, he goes, and we move for another manager. My choice would still be Flores. Knows how to defend and wouldn't take away from our attacking qualities.

RM has set all the style and system in place though I am now starting to question if he is the man to see it through as this defeat feels like a huge step backwards considering how it happened.

3 times ive had a nieces or nephew's christening on weekend of everton screwing up lol-[we lost 3-2 today],last season on day of one we lost 3-2 to palace at home,and other one was when we drew 3-3 at villa- and we were 3-1 up-add we should have lost 4-3,thats it now telling sister as always to have them at end of season

Lukaku should have scored. Dreadful penalty and that would have wrapped it up.

Martinez then messed up with the sub.

Too much of a 'cool' thing to blame Martinez for me. Lennon was shaterred and as put 'running on empty'... Can't argue with any of the subs really.

Yeah Lukaku should have scored but everybody was absolute knackered come 80 minutes, no thanks to Mirallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back