Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v West Ham. 5th March at 1500.

What do you think should be Saturday's objective?

• Three points for the royal blues

Votes: 186 49.9%
  • Lay down a performance that shows we are progressing

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • Sign Willy Caballero

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • HURT PAYET

Votes: 140 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is about game management, not a beauty parade of big smiles and white teeth. We were two up with 15 mins to go and he went for an absurd attacking substitution that we didn't need, because presumably it reflects 'his philosophy'. It destroyed our shape and didn't nothing to aid a defence that has been largely iffy for most of the season. I had already found the Besic for Stones change at half-time baffling enough because it was obvious that West Ham were going to use their man advantage to put on another big forward. So we took height out of our defence.

Absolutely. The moment Lukaku missed the penalty I said to my son (at about 5am here in NZ!), "we're going to bottle this". He just replied "I know Dad"

My lass knew it to. After Bournmouth, Stoke and Chelsea she has a full understanding of how it is. Its no surprise to her now.

I cant enjoy us being in front anymore. I have absolutely no confidence.

Too much of a 'cool' thing to blame Martinez for me. Lennon was shaterred and as put 'running on empty'... Can't argue with any of the subs really.

Yeah Lukaku should have scored but everybody was absolute knackered come 80 minutes, no thanks to Mirallas.

Mate I've defended him to the hilt. He messed up with that sub.

Kev messed up and proved why he isn't a starter consistently, Lukaku should have slammed in that pen and tried to be clever. He does that we win the game even with 10 men comfortably.

The sub is fine if Lennon had to go off, but it was the wrong player to bring on. Barry, Del, heck even Osman, but you don't put on a striker who is new to the PL to play that role with 10 men on the pitch.

Players also take a huge amount of blame of course.

Just hope new owner wont stand for this crap, subs were diabolical and mcarthey can do one, he is frightend to death of getting injured and missing the euros

Mate I've defended him to the hilt. He messed up with that sub.

Kev messed up and proved why he isn't a starter consistently, Lukaku should have slammed in that pen and tried to be clever. He does that we win the game even with 10 men comfortably.

The sub is fine if Lennon had to go off, but it was the wrong player to bring on. Barry, Del, heck even Osman, but you don't put on a striker who is new to the PL to play that role with 10 men on the pitch.

Players also take a huge amount of blame of course.

The thing is mate the manager will not admit his own errors he never has as our manager. A new owner will bring accountability and raise a very low bar which encourages the wrong behaviours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back