Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v West Ham. 5th March at 1500.

What do you think should be Saturday's objective?

• Three points for the royal blues

Votes: 186 49.9%
  • Lay down a performance that shows we are progressing

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • Sign Willy Caballero

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • HURT PAYET

Votes: 140 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton get beat and I hide away tell everyone who tries speak to me to do one I've told my Mrs to leave me alone till tomorrow. Everton ruining my weekends since god knows

Yes. So many times I have had to avoid watching match of the day

We coil have gone 8th today and been 5 points away from 5th and see ourselves up for an end of season run

Now we are 11th and could be with by tomorrow and are 11 points away. Today was a massove game and we bottled it. Martinez bottled it.

Last edited:
Mate I've defended him to the hilt. He messed up with that sub.

Kev messed up and proved why he isn't a starter consistently, Lukaku should have slammed in that pen and tried to be clever. He does that we win the game even with 10 men comfortably.

The sub is fine if Lennon had to go off, but it was the wrong player to bring on. Barry, Del, heck even Osman, but you don't put on a striker who is new to the PL to play that role with 10 men on the pitch.

Players also take a huge amount of blame of course.

The idea was to have Niasse close down. Del, doesn't really work hard for the team, Barry isn't a winger/attacker (where Niasse had played) and Osman, well... Osman can't close down quick enough.

The thing is mate the manager will not admit his own errors he never has as our manager. A new owner will bring accountability and raise a very low bar which encourages the wrong behaviours.

tbf mate i'm not arsed what he says publicly as I don't expect him to admit his errors all the time. I see him admitting his past errors as change on the pitch and since the turn of the year he has done that and looked to have learned the lessons.

Today throws all that out of the window ultimately and he now has a lot of work to do to claw it back.

lol at jakielka's post match interview...he begins every response with "yes, definitely...". As Sean Fitzpatrick might say "full credit to him" lol

The idea was to have Niasse close down. Del, doesn't really work hard for the team, Barry isn't a winger/attacker (where Niasse had played) and Osman, well... Osman can't close down quick enough.

Then we change shape mate...

The point was that we were playing a 4-3-1-1 with lennon on the pitch.

Barry comes on and we go 4-4-1 etc. We had the legs with Besic and McCarthy to do that.

Instead we go with Niasse doing neither job (his fault i'll admit but to be expected in that situation) and us not defending cross because we had that one less man in there. McCarthy had to venture out wide to press whereas beforehand he was able to stay deep and clear the danger in the area

A deplorable result, two goals up, give a penalty kick to the wrong guy then capitulate and let in 3 goals. Words fail me to describe this result.
What was the pint of bringing Barry on at 89 minutes, I ask.

tbf mate i'm not arsed what he says publicly as I don't expect him to admit his errors all the time. I see him admitting his past errors as change on the pitch and since the turn of the year he has done that and looked to have learned the lessons.

Today throws all that out of the window ultimately and he now has a lot of work to do to claw it back.

Claw what back? It,s been going on for a long time. I wish him the best of luck in his next role.

Claw what back? It,s been going on for a long time. I wish him the best of luck in his next role.

Claw back the trust of tha fans who may now have swayed.

He has shown enough to warrant until the end of the season - proved by the first 75 minutes today he is capable of being a very astute manager.

He's lobbed an awful lot more pressure on himself now though.

Praying we get past Chelsea and they get past Utd so we can hopefully draw them in the next round of the cup.

Really dislike West Ham nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back