Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v West Ham. 5th March at 1500.

What do you think should be Saturday's objective?

• Three points for the royal blues

Votes: 186 49.9%
  • Lay down a performance that shows we are progressing

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • Sign Willy Caballero

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • HURT PAYET

Votes: 140 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Claw back the trust of tha fans who may now have swayed.

He has shown enough to warrant until the end of the season - proved by the first 75 minutes today he is capable of being a very astute manager.

He's lobbed an awful lot more pressure on himself now though.

He had it in the palm of his hand to take fantastic win today against all the odds with the support of a vibrant goodison park today.

He blew it big time for next week. It,s about the tiny details as much as the big picture ultimately he is flawed at this level.

Hope he walks away from the club with his head held high.

I'm done with Bobby. Naisse for Lennon, you Spanish plantpot. Maybe for Ross (who was shagged by that point) or Rom (who looked like his head had dropped) but for LENNON, our best player up to that point. Even a straight swap for an attacking player at that point probably didn't make sense to try and close that game out. We were cruising until that point, even with 10 men... Sick to death of his stupid decisions. Rom needs to have a word with himself for the soft penno and Mirallas too for tackling like that when on a yellow already. Fuming here.

Too much of a 'cool' thing to blame Martinez for me. Lennon was shaterred and as put 'running on empty'... Can't argue with any of the subs really.

Yeah Lukaku should have scored but everybody was absolute knackered come 80 minutes, no thanks to Mirallas.

Should not have brought Niasse on even if Lennon was shattered. Basically the worst player he could have brought on for Lennon given the options on the bench. Niasse looks absolutely shocking so far. I can't remember a player making a less impressive start to his career. Slightly worrying considering he's our record signing.

It is about game management, not a beauty parade of big smiles and white teeth. We were two up with 15 mins to go and he went for an absurd attacking substitution that we didn't need, because presumably it reflects 'his philosophy'. It destroyed our shape and didn't nothing to aid a defence that has been largely iffy for most of the season. I had already found the Besic for Stones change at half-time baffling enough because it was obvious that West Ham were going to use their man advantage to put on another big forward. So we took height out of our defence.

The Besic sub worked perfectly though. We actually increased our lead, should have scored at least two other goals and looked extremely comfortable with Besic on the pitch.

58omn.jpg
That Q&A with our opponents fans has sapped our collective GOT energy causing us to loose focus in the last 10 mins. Stick to out and out beasting of the Texans and no more Fraternisation. I am holding you and legs 100% responsible for this result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back