Everton V West Ham FA Cup 6/01/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
That may have been down to West Ham sitting on the edge of their box ffs did you watch it??
I thought Besic did ok to be fair, as did Barry. The Barkley shouts are a bit harsh too.

Lukaku was absolutely superb.

Stones back for wknd. Rom was immense. Our passing is so fckin slow its criminal. Without bit of urgency from mcgeady to win the ball we would have gotten fck all.
Cant have eto naismith n barkley on pitch together. Mcgeady on 15mins earlier we would have won it.

What is the concensus then?

Great going forward, new back 5 needed (Stones exempted)?

The attacking half of the team is decent?

Inconsistent going forward and nervous at the back. When we attack with pace and purpose we create some quality chances, when it's slow and laboured we get hit on the counter. Stones coming on was a pretty big example of what we have been missing, the confidence he shown when he brought down a high ball, held off his man and then played a nice cross field ball was night and day compared to the rest.

I've got to say other than the jagielka / Distin farce, I thought we played pretty well against an in-form side.

The stadium, lukaku and martinez went utterly berserk too, love seeing that.

Big goal that was.

City beat 90% of teams

Just need to see fight and an improved performance against them

Lukaku is something special, and if anyone thinks otherwise then they're clueless.

That touch he has started to do with his left foot away from the defenders is cracking.thougt he was fantastic tonight and I'm sure @davek would agree that he stood up to be counted

Worrying interviews from Lukaku and Jags. Not at all the reaction I'd expect from a side who just grabbed a last gasp equaliser.

Yeah I wouldn't expect them to be jumping for joy, but they look... erm... depressed?

Yet plenty on here think we played well defense aside

I think what most of us are saying is we showed more offensive spark than we have in recent games. A bit inconsistently, I grant you, but at least in this game I felt we always had a chance to score, not like the Soton, Stoke and Hull games where the players just seemed to give up.

Stones back for wknd. Rom was immense. Our passing is so fckin slow its criminal. Without bit of urgency from mcgeady to win the ball we would have gotten fck all.
Cant have eto naismith n barkley on pitch together. Mcgeady on 15mins earlier we would have won it.
You would have taken off Besic 15 minutes earlier? Madness. He was one of the two or three best performers tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back