Everton V West Ham FA Cup 6/01/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got to say other than the jagielka / Distin farce, I thought we played pretty well against an in-form side.

The stadium, lukaku and martinez went utterly berserk too, love seeing that.

Big goal that was.

One could make a pretty solid argument about West Ham not being in form, but comparatively......

Hopefully that will give the boys a lift! I know it sounds hilarious, but it does feel like a win after all these terrible results. I feel ashamed for those fans who booed the team off after full time and were going into the changing rooms, get behind your bloody team, they've just salvaged a game that looked destined to be lost ffs!

Thank you Rom, a goal at last for me MOM. Bulk of our play was still poor though and our back line prior to Stones was woeful. An extra game we could have done without but never mind. two losing sides play against each other and they draw, hmm.

Think bringing Etoo was not quite right perhaps should have used McGeady earlier to spread the play.

There are still problems out there, need to get back to basics.

City beat 90% of teams

Just need to see fight and an improved performance against them

Exactly Del.

No honestly I was really gutted second half as I thought it was another defeat after, for once, a semi decent performance. I went mental when lukaku scored and seeing him and Martinez I wasn't the only one haha

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_g3809.webp

That touch he has started to do with his left foot away from the defenders is cracking.thougt he was fantastic tonight and I'm sure @davek would agree that he stood up to be counted

He did everything that was asked of him tonight - he even won a few headers!

Would've scored a hat trick with any luck.

What is the concensus then?

Great going forward, new back 5 needed (Stones exempted)?

The attacking half of the team is decent?

The whole team just needs to play themselves into form and get their confidence back. Obviously the defence needs sorting, but I think that's done by purchasing one quality centre half, no need for a drastic change.

As for tonight, it wasn't there for me performance wise, but it's all about results when you're in this run of form and that could be massive.

We have very good players at this club, the last month hasn't been acceptable and if this squad was playing to its potential tonight would be seen as a poor display, but we are where we are so it's a step in the right direction.

See how they perform against City, fight for 90 minutes and it may the kick up the backside they need.

Start with all this backing off and allowing city time, like West Ham got tonight, and we'll get mullered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back