Everton V West Ham FA Cup 6/01/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
People moaning about the ref.

Some undoubted bad decisions but he played a great advantage which let us score.

We would have messed the free kick up and we all know it.

our system at the minute has us 2 in midfield against our opposition's 4/5. Barkley moving central, mirallas moved central neismith central and all not tracking back. suicide football. I don't mind us playing 1 in the hole but not 3. Get Oviedo in front of baines get naisey or McGeady in front of seamus and push the back 4 up.

Mind you, this was a team without Sakho, Song and Koyoute. They bossed the midfield while we never won the midfield battle. You need those 1 min spells in the midfield where you CMs link with your wingers or AMs to create space to release a pass to the full backs or forwards. The only time our midfield starts acting is when we're on a counter otherwise they never control the play.

Well that was a good goal by Lukaku, about damn time he scores given the money the club is paying him.
Overall it was a "meh" game by Everton to be honest. First half the attack were buzzing like bees around a hive, had some super chances by Lukaku and Mirallas but just couldn't finish. To me, that came back to haunt us in the second half because when you have quality chances to score like we did in the first half you got to put away a tleast one of them because you don't want to give the opposition any sort of life and make them feel that there still in this game. In my opinion, just making it 1-0 Everton at HT would of deflated them a bit.

Well look what happened. Second half came about and it was West Ham that was playing with vigor and poise. They had a good attack going, were pushing around our defenders (particularly Carlton Cole) and scored off of a James Collins goal. After that it seemed like Everton was about to call it a day because it seems like they played like they knew what their fate was going to be (although Ross Barkley had a nice run that went nowhere near the 90th minute) until stoppage time when Lukaku puts it home, forcing a replay.

Hey I know my post is all negative, but i'll give credit to Everton, atleast they scored a tying goal to force a replay as they had enough fight to score that goal. Hopefully this does enough to brighten the confidence of the club who's in dire need of it, but with Man City coming to town, it won't be easy.

But we live to fight another day, i'll take it.

There was effort and a willingness to keep going to the end. Not seen that for quite some time so hopefully Thursday's debacle has served some purpose and a bit of clear the air has happened. Rom was back to his best there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back