Everton V West Ham FA Cup 6/01/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but who got the ball on the right and ran it over to the left for the ball to reach Ovideo? We lacked width tonight no balance yet again -A vital equaliser to boost confidence maybe ?...

Well that was a good goal by Lukaku, about damn time he scores given the money the club is paying him.
Overall it was a "meh" game by Everton to be honest. First half the attack were buzzing like bees around a hive, had some super chances by Lukaku and Mirallas but just couldn't finish. To me, that came back to haunt us in the second half because when you have quality chances to score like we did in the first half you got to put away a tleast one of them because you don't want to give the opposition any sort of life and make them feel that there still in this game. In my opinion, just making it 1-0 Everton at HT would of deflated them a bit.

Well look what happened. Second half came about and it was West Ham that was playing with vigor and poise. They had a good attack going, were pushing around our defenders (particularly Carlton Cole) and scored off of a James Collins goal. After that it seemed like Everton was about to call it a day because it seems like they played like they knew what their fate was going to be (although Ross Barkley had a nice run that went nowhere near the 90th minute) until stoppage time when Lukaku puts it home, forcing a replay.

Hey I know my post is all negative, but i'll give credit to Everton, atleast they scored a tying goal to force a replay as they had enough fight to score that goal. Hopefully this does enough to brighten the confidence of the club who's in dire need of it, but with Man City coming to town, it won't be easy.

But we live to fight another day, i'll take it.

Mate I think we all know that given the right service he will always score. He was great tonight and we showed signs of urgency getting the ball to him (at long last). He has been starved of decent passes and quick passes this season.

Overall a better performance than we've seen in more than a month.

Robles not at fault for the goal, which is an improvement for him. Coleman looked better, but still not at last season's level. Oviedo looked lively and capable. Jags was awful and nearly gift-wrapped WHU a couple of goals in the first half. Distin was better and I don't agree with those who say he was at fault for the goal - there were three players around the WHU player when he connected with the header and none of them got close.

Besic was excellent, Barry was not so good but at least not as bad as he has been recently. Barkley flitted in and out of the game - needs to be played centrally to thrive. Mirallas looked good out on the left, Naismith was industrious as ever and wins everything in the air but lacks creativity and causes positional problems for others. Lukaku was immense.

Stones looked far better than Jags when he came on, Eto'o was clearly putting in the effort but suffers from being played out of position. McGeady didn't really have much time to impress, but credit to him for his involvement in the buildup to the equaliser.

It's between Lukaku and Besic for MOM. Honourable mention for Oviedo. We need some new faces in sharpish though, specifically a winger if Martinez wants to persist with a 4231.

Thank Christ. That would have taken the piss, given how happy I was with the draw last night.

Decent performance. The lads put a half decent shift in. It's all about Rom though. Great showing in every department, top finish too.

Not great, but much better than Hull. Ref was awful, but if we don't sort out the midfield, think we'll scarpe mid table at best.

Still the bones of a very good team out there though

Yeah we got a deserved equaliser,but why oh why wait until the 80th minute minute before we play with any pace and width ?
If we'd have started like we finished we'd have won that game comfortably.
Oh and that was never a foul by Lukaku,denied a clear goal there by that egg headed buffoon.

Overall a better performance than we've seen in more than a month.

Robles not at fault for the goal, which is an improvement for him. Coleman looked better, but still not at last season's level. Oviedo looked lively and capable. Jags was awful and nearly gift-wrapped WHU a couple of goals in the first half. Distin was better and I don't agree with those who say he was at fault for the goal - there were three players around the WHU player when he connected with the header and none of them got close.

Besic was excellent, Barry was not so good but at least not as bad as he has been recently. Barkley flitted in and out of the game - needs to be played centrally to thrive. Mirallas looked good out on the left, Naismith was industrious as ever and wins everything in the air but lacks creativity and causes positional problems for others. Lukaku was immense.

Stones looked far better than Jags when he came on, Eto'o was clearly putting in the effort but suffers from being played out of position. McGeady didn't really have much time to impress, but credit to him for his involvement in the buildup to the equaliser.

It's between Lukaku and Besic for MOM. Honourable mention for Oviedo. We need some new faces in sharpish though, specifically a winger if Martinez wants to persist with a 4231.

Some good points mate but I have to disagree, I thought Coleman looked.simply awful and not arsed one bit. Your right about Distin though, he looked like Baresi compared to Jagielka who was absolutely diabolical. Besic done o.k and looked decent in parts and poor in others. I thought that was Barry's best game for 6 weeks. Man of the match though by a mile is Lukaku. Oh and a shout out for Robles who caught a ball and made a couple of cracking saves

If Howard played we would have lost. Barry was much better. At times we actually pressed high. Rom was MOM. Jags was a disgrace. Distin was decent, won an amazing amount of headers. Naismith was ineffective. We lost the midfield, see Naismith. Team formation still looks wrong with Barkley wide. Eto'o is not a midfielder. McGeady has earned his place back in the team ahead of Naismith. Coleman was anonymous. What was up with Jags' attitude all match and post match interview.

In short, still all the same problems and in a game which I thought we played well it only further highlighted my fear that if we don't get a creative winger/No10 we will struggle all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back