Everton V West Ham FA Cup 6/01/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we got a deserved equaliser,but why oh why wait until the 80th minute minute before we play with any pace and width ?
If we'd have started like we finished we'd have won that game comfortably.
Oh and that was never a foul by Lukaku,denied a clear goal there by that egg headed buffoon.
We played most of the first half with pace and width. We just didn't finish the chances we created before half time. We could have gone in two up at the break and it would have been a fair reflection of the first half.

Mate I think we all know that given the right service he will always score. He was great tonight and we showed signs of urgency getting the ball to him (at long last). He has been starved of decent passes and quick passes this season.

he made the service all by himself tonight for the large majority but he gets one decent chance and sticks it in.

well two actually and scored them both.

If you're judging by the standards of the players we have available then we were poor again. Honestly, how many of those West Ham players would we have in our squad never mind our starting XI?

We didn't lose though, so we have to take that positive forward and hope it inspires the players.

Winston Reid over Distin now...eyes closed, no thinking twice.

If Howard played we would have lost. Barry was much better. At times we actually pressed high. Rom was MOM. Jags was a disgrace. Distin was decent, won an amazing amount of headers. Naismith was ineffective. We lost the midfield, see Naismith. Team formation still looks wrong with Barkley wide. Eto'o is not a midfielder. McGeady has earned his place back in the team ahead of Naismith. Coleman was anonymous. What was up with Jags' attitude all match and post match interview.

In short, still all the same problems and in a game which I thought we played well it only further highlighted my fear that if we don't get a creative winger/No10 we will struggle all season.

So basically the same problem because players are being played out of position. Yet again. If he doesn't change that we will continue to struggle.

Overall a better performance than we've seen in more than a month.

Robles not at fault for the goal, which is an improvement for him. Coleman looked better, but still not at last season's level. Oviedo looked lively and capable. Jags was awful and nearly gift-wrapped WHU a couple of goals in the first half. Distin was better and I don't agree with those who say he was at fault for the goal - there were three players around the WHU player when he connected with the header and none of them got close.

Besic was excellent, Barry was not so good but at least not as bad as he has been recently. Barkley flitted in and out of the game - needs to be played centrally to thrive. Mirallas looked good out on the left, Naismith was industrious as ever and wins everything in the air but lacks creativity and causes positional problems for others. Lukaku was immense.

Stones looked far better than Jags when he came on, Eto'o was clearly putting in the effort but suffers from being played out of position. McGeady didn't really have much time to impress, but credit to him for his involvement in the buildup to the equaliser.

It's between Lukaku and Besic for MOM. Honourable mention for Oviedo. We need some new faces in sharpish though, specifically a winger if Martinez wants to persist with a 4231.

Not for me. Collins was Distins responsibility and he let him run past him without a pull, block, or fight and left it to 2 players who didn't see him coming.

If that was Andy Carroll everyone would want to know who was marking him. Distin didn't do enough which has been the case for all the defence all season.

Mate I think we all know that given the right service he will always score. He was great tonight and we showed signs of urgency getting the ball to him (at long last). He has been starved of decent passes and quick passes this season.

I know, I just get impatient at times with him. Your right he was fantastic tonight. Even though he didn't score off those chances in the first half, atleast he was trying to make something happen and he scored when he desperately needed him to score. Beats the Hull City match where the attack played like they didn't want to be there.

I like Lukaku a lot. Yeah I get impatient but I got to remember he's only 21 years old and for such an early age has so much talent and yes given the right passes, he's a sure lock to bury them.

I'm just glad we were able to force a replay. Maybe it's the eternal optimist in me speaking, but coming back so late in the game to score the tying goal in a half where we looked lethargic could go a long way to restore the confidence this team has been lagging for over a month now.

he made the service all by himself tonight for the large majority but he gets one decent chance and sticks it in.

well two actually and scored them both.
I think the rest of the team made a concerted effort to supply Rom with the ball earlier than they have done in the last six or eight games, and into his feet. It was noticeable that there were more forward passes and attempted through balls tonight, particularly in the first half.

I don't think Rom has been playing badly recently, I think he's been living off scraps. Tonight we served him four courses on silver platters, and he went to town.

On tonight's performance I'd take Reid over Jags.

Jags had a poor game. He's still got a couple of good years in him cos he reads the play. Stones has to play week in week out now till the end of the season. An instable CB pairing always leaks goals irrespective of the form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back