Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I’d go with

Pickford

Young
Tarkowski
Branthwaite
Mykolenko

Gueye
Garner
Onana

Dobbin
Cannon
Danjuma

What Scotch Egg will go for

Pickford

Patterson
Keane
Tarkowski
Young

Gueye
Doucoure
Onana

Garner
Maupay
Danjuma
I like your team there, a good mix of youth and experience at the back and midfield, with a young, enthusiastic front three. It's a pity we don't have a forward thinking manager with the bravery to give the home crowd something to get behind.

Everton vs Wolves​

Michael Beardmore (@MickeyBeardmore)
I’m amazed to see BTTS ‘Yes’ the favourite over BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE 'NO' in a battle between two sides who couldn’t hit the proverbial barn door based on the evidence of the two opening Premier League weekends.
It's like betting on a traffic light to be red rather than green or the next person to walk through the door to be blonde rather than dark-haired - plausible and possible, for sure, but definitely the unlikelier eventuality of the two.
Granted, Wolves did grab a second-half consolation against Brighton last Saturday but that is the only goal either of these teams has scored across more than six hours of football so far this season.
These problems aren’t new either – Everton and Wolves stayed up last season based on acceptable defensive records, registering the top flight’s lowest ‘Goals Scored’ tallies of 34 and 31 respectively.
Graphic of last season's lowest scoring Premier League teams's lowest scoring Premier League teams

Neither side has a first-choice striker to make you sit up and take notice and while it’s so early on in the season that it should be ridiculous to say this is a six-pointer – it doesn’t actually seem so ridiculous.
Both sit in the bottom two with zero points and each will want to avoid beginning the season with three straight defeats, meaning this has all the hallmarks of a cagey affair at Goodison.
Score prediction: Everton 0-0 Wolves (Sky Bet odds: 17/2)
You can double that with Lincoln 0 v 0 Blackpool at 15/2 as we have drawn our last 3 matches 0-0. That's about 75/1 or thereabouts.

One of the key reasons I wasn't to annoyed about the Dyche appointment was because I was sick of seeing a team that wasn't organised, aggressive or hardworking & I anticipated Dyche would change the mentality quickly. Unfortunately that hasn't happened and if we turn up as the same as last week and Wolves win, then I hope he is out of the door quickly, as the style of football, team selection and game management is as poor as I have seen and if he can't at least get the team organised and working hard then he isn't needed.

1-1 draw for me

I'd go three at the back, Tarkowski, Branthwaite and Godfrey, with Young and Garner at wing back, so we have some width as everyone other than Danjuma is injured. This is so we can play Danjuma up front and leave Wee Neal on the bench.

However, I'm pretty sure we'll play our usual formation with Keane at the back, Maupay up front and Branthwaite and Danjuma on the bench. Because fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back