Match Thread Everton v Wolves - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was happy to hopefully have got in 1-1 as i thought we were pretty bad at times,but as ever Everton just dont do that conceeding at the worst time,Wolves have played very well probably helped by us been so rubbish defending

Eddie Howe and well organised in the same sentence mate lol
level on point with us , having spent about 2% of what we have on players in the last 10 years.

says a lot that.

hes very obviously making mediocre players play to the very best of their ability.

seeing as we wont have any spending power for the next window or two , he might just do us .

The two best teams in the country use zonal.

Also, that FK wasn't zonal marking. It was man to man.

I couldn't care less about system. I want to see us looking organised. Whatever way we mark up we look a rabble. If you can't coach set play defending then you are a poor manager. It's that simple. No team in history has not faced free kicks into their 18 yard box.

Woke up just in time to see Snail Keane needlessly give away a foul and I thought ‘goal coming up’...and so it was.
We are not very good at defending set pieces are we?
I am frustrated but hope GP gets behind our lion-hearts in the second half....I want the knob on here who keeps boasting about his bet against Everton to lose his 100 quid

The two best teams in the country use zonal.

Also, that FK wasn't zonal marking. It was man to man.

Pretty obvious it was meant to be man to man and yet watching Coleman and Keane neither moved.

Cant see how the manager can be blamed at all.

Pundits having a dig at Pickford for being rooted on his line. Saying (for 2nd goal) he should be a couple of yards off his line so he will be better positioned to claim if possible.

It's pretty straight forward stuff tbf, but I'm sure he'll make a hollywood save at some point and everyone will turn a blind eye to his obvious flaws.

Ha. Fair enough. Why is it that managers in general are stubborn. Our players clearly can’t do zonal marking so change! Silva should adapt. Same with Martinez’s time, he didn’t adapt
This is what worries me, it's the players not the tactics it seems with him. We're not going down but we definitely haven't improved or have shown signs of improvement so where do you go? Changing managers every 2 mins won't help but how long do you give him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back